Why become a member? ×

NAMM 2019

Quatschmacher

6 hours ago, HazBeen said:

No comments about the rather odd CLAW approach used by the player in the pic? Even the left hands looks odd... great technique.... I wish they would use models that can actually hold an instrument.

Have you seen how Zach Rizer plays? His fingers form a similar shape. 

On 24/01/2019 at 17:25, Quatschmacher said:

Couldn't see one so thought I'd start one. Loads of cool stuff already announced, starting with this:

https://www.moogmusic.com/news/sirin-analog-messenger-joy

The pricing of these (currently pre-order in the UK) is erratic, looks like stores are trying to cash in on the limited aspect.

£477 at Rubadub.co.uk and Gear4Music

£619 at PMT and GtrGtr

£709(!!!!) at Richtone.

Has somewhat quelled my desire to get one.

And by somewhat I mean totally.

Edited by Ruiner

6 minutes ago, Ruiner said:

The pricing of these (currently pre-order in the UK) is erratic, looks like stores are trying to cash in on the limited aspect.

£477 at Rubadub.co.uk and Gear4Music

£619 at PMT and GtrGtr

£709(!!!!) at Richtone.

Has somewhat quelled my desire to get one.

And by somewhat I mean totally.

Richtone will price match and is my local shop. £477 seems not too unreasonable considering Minitaur prices are £379-420-ish.

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Richtone will price match and is my local shop. £477 seems not too unreasonable considering Minitaur prices are £379-420-ish.

If I can get one for £477 then my gear buying abstinence is knackered. Won't pay any more than that though.

28 minutes ago, la bam said:

I think the head detaches if needed?

I'm sure when the 2x8s and 1x10 were first announced at the shows they had that option.

Yeah the original 2x8 and 1x10 have a little cradle for the head - the combo appears to be basically the same but the head is attached (don't think it's removable - if it is, then they've basically released a 1x8?)

56 minutes ago, ped said:

Bit weird how they think anyone would need an Elf combo, it’s not like the amp doesn’t fit in your pocket anyway - a combo just makes it less portable surely?!

Yep, but some of us would just like a single unit to sit at a practice space somewhere, be super easy to lend out, etc. Personally, I'd rather have the head section live in a cab rather than a fabric bag of some sort. But for me that only applies to practice gear, which is what the Elf would potentially  be for me, especially if only coupled with a single 8 or 10.

5 minutes ago, Bigwan said:

Give me a Serek any day... 

Absolutely, I’d consider the Gibson at maybe £500, but any more and I’d save for a Serek. If you zoom in, the Gibbo looks pretty rough, bad lighting maybe.

Si

Just now, Sibob said:

Absolutely, I’d consider the Gibson at maybe £500, but any more and I’d save for a Serek. If you zoom in, the Gibbo looks pretty rough, bad lighting maybe.

Si

No it will be rough. And the pickguard looks terrible. Another swing and a miss by Gibson.