Why become a member? ×

NAMM 2019

Quatschmacher

Not heard ANYTHING about the Tech21 YYZ other than the release announcement, which was kind of screwed by Prymaxe's premature pre-order page. Surprised there hasn't been more of a noise about it...

Correction: 

Edited by Bigwan

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 07:53, NancyJohnson said:

I'm enjoying the Andertons You Tube output, but really not seen anything (yet) that's made me sit up and go, 'Oooh.'

Yes I enjoy that too but this year they've been noticeably bass-lite with no dedicated bass presenters (Lee?). Coverage of basses on the Ibanez walk-through was token to say the least.

Highlights for me were the Strandberg Boden bass although it looks expensive for its production base (see other thread on this). YYZ pedal does look good too. Some of the Ibanezs look nice - BTB anniversary for example... Although the signatures are insanely expensive.

So overall a bit 'meh' I'd say...

And to repeat what I said on that thread: How much headroom do you need? 18V supply is overkill for instrument-level effects - it's a signal that's about 150mV peak to peak. Imagine someone standing next to Nelson's Column. That's how much headroom 9V gives you. Now imagine driving a double decker bus filled with Ashdown effects into an Olympic sized swimming pool. That's what Keith Moon would have done.