Why become a member? ×

NAMM 2019

Quatschmacher

2 hours ago, Bigwan said:

This looks interesting!

little-mark-vintage.jpg

Now, where have I seen that idea of having the valve in the middle of the front panel before? Ah, of course - Behringer, that well-known originator of ideas, in their big mic preamp. 😁

I rather liked the look of the Line 6 G10S, a stompbox version of the G10 wireless - neat system with a dongle transmitter rather than a body pack. So I looked at the price - PMT have them at £238 but the G10 (same transmitter, slightly more basic and less robust receiver) is £99. That's quite a price differential.

NAMM news I liked most (although most is useless to me because there will be no lefties) were the Ibanez SR Mezzo medium scale series, the Dingwall D-bird 5, the new EBS MicroBass 3 and the Gibson Les Paul Jr bass. Looks great! 

https://www.bassgearmag.com/spector-expands-euro-and-performer-series-for-wnamm-2019/?fbclid=IwAR3WwQkxSJshH2zbf0k4Cx-5kv1k5RXHCeJ4K14rCvfrVuoRLvK3A4PXQe4
http://www.spectorbass.com/EuroSeries

Nice to see Spector have circumvented CITES by moving from Rosewood to Ebony fingerboards on the new Euro LT..... with more pickup/pre-amp choices, a tapered neck and some nice new finishes in Blue Fade, Red Fade, Tiger Eye & Violet Fade(!!) High Gloss too

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PJ-Bassist said:

NoTeble now have a Namm 2019 article going:

https://www.notreble.com/buzz/tag/namm-2019/

Hopefully they'll keep it updated As they've yet to cover a few things called out on this thread already 

So, I looked at the updates here. Firstly, incomplete as I suspect funded by marketing, so the whole Boden thing missed. But also how little there is for bass.... The Geddy pedal looks good as does the Ibby GW but that's a refinement on a 20-year old design. Is that all there is? Darkglass - where are you?

36 minutes ago, visog said:

So, I looked at the updates here. Firstly, incomplete as I suspect funded by marketing, so the whole Boden thing missed. But also how little there is for bass.... The Geddy pedal looks good as does the Ibby GW but that's a refinement on a 20-year old design. Is that all there is? Darkglass - where are you?

Err DG released 2 new amps?!

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, visog said:

I think they are adding additional content over the weekend.  There is at least 1 new item on there since I posted the link.  Hopefully they'll cover the Darkglass, Markbass stuff too .

Gggrrrrrr Fender release a Japanese Limited Edition Fretless Jazz and guess what, its lined, like all their other Fretless Jazz basses gggrrr. Why Fender, why do you do this, just once will you please please please release a US standard, Japanese FSR or Mexican FSR, unlined Precision and Jazz bass. Please, just one with an unlined neck. Thank you.

• Like 1

I'm enjoying the Andertons You Tube output, but really not seen anything (yet) that's made me sit up and go, 'Oooh.'

On the regular guitar front, I'm still waiting for Gibson to pull the trigger on a proper doublecut Les Paul Junior (not the plastic monstrosities they're currently hawking), but they have git a singlecut now that looks ok.

This looks very nice. I love the tones I get out of my Fender Rumble 100v3 combo so this might be nice to try as my main head to go with my Epifani UL310. Love the no thrills look as well. Its 800w and comes with a foot switch and gig back and is around £550.

L47990000001000-00-500x500.jpg

Edited by Linus27

On 25/01/2019 at 11:06, tauzero said:

Now, where have I seen that idea of having the valve in the middle of the front panel before? Ah, of course - Behringer, that well-known originator of ideas, in their big mic preamp. 😁

IIRC the valve in the Behringer unit in question didn’t actually do anything and was illuminated by LEDs behind to make it look as though it was working.