Why become a member? ×

Glasgow Venues - Help...!

lou24d53

Hello...my band are in a wee bit of a pickle right now in that we are trying to secure a venue for a charity gig on the evening of Saturday 23rd March 2019 to coincide with an already organised afternoon charity event and we've a support band and DJ all ready to go.

Having had no personal involvement in the initial organisation of said event however, I was of the belief that everything was all sorted and booked up until last week when it transpired that there has been a mix up with the bookings (I've yet to find out why!) and that the afternoon event only was booked, and not the evening, which was initially proposed to be in the same venue.

I must be clear on this, that this was a band member mix-up and not the venues, so there's no fault or blame being apportioned on their part!

Basically we are looking for suggestions of any places we may have overlooked in our search for a venue which isn't on the list below and who are all out for various reasons, mainly due to them being already booked up......deep breathe.......

Audio; Blackfriar's (awaiting email reply); Broadcast; Cathouse; Classic Grand; Ivory Black's; King Tut's; Maggie Mays; Mono; Nice N' Sleazy; Stereo; St. Lukes' (too big!); SWG3 (this is where the afternoon event is!); The 13th Note; The Ferry; The Garage; The Old Hairdressers.

Thanks in advance.

Dougie.

Did you get the list i gave you on the other tribute band post ?

I attended a birthday party in the Rolls Royce club and they had the live band in Trex tribute act. Its just off Paisley Road i think not far from Ibrox.

Might be worth trying some clubs as well

Dave

Edited by dmccombe7
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, dmccombe7 said:

Did you get the list i gave you on the other tribute band post ?

I attended a birthday party in the Rolls Royce club and they had the live band in Trex tribute act. Its just off Paisley Road i think not far from Ibrox.

Might be worth trying some clubs as well

Dave

I did yeah, thanks, most we've already tried and no joy though.

MacSoreley's sadly no more, closedown for good last September/October. 

• Like 1