Why become a member? ×

Eden cabs

Danuman

Hi all,

After trying a whole bunch of different amps and never quite getting on with them, I finally managed to get my hands on another Eden WT-550.

The seller didn't want to split up his items, but he did cut me a pretty good deal, so I'm now the proud owner of a rather monstrous stack consisting of a US made D15XL and a later Chinese 210XST.

I have a pair of really nice high-end 112's so I'm debating whether or not to keep them. They don't sound nearly as good to my ears, but I'm really not used to this kind of setup. On their own they have their strengths I suppose, but together they don't seem to make much sense to me. Am I doing something wrong? Maybe I'm just spoiled.

Anyway, here they are:

1B8C4121-BEF8-4324-9EF0-5F02D357BAA5.thumb.jpeg.e47e37a49f2492633a7c02781261e40f.jpeg

Cheers!

• Like 1

On 26/01/2019 at 23:54, sblueplanet said:

Definitely spoiled. I have one little EX112 🤢

Very true. :P
I'd be interested in the difference in sound with the EX112. I tried to order one before I got my current cabs, but they weren't available at the time.

15 hours ago, Dan Dare said:

Nice looking rig. Assuming you can't keep it just because it looks good, trust your instincts and keep the cabs you like, which appear to be your 12s. 2x10 plus 1x15 used to be the standard set up, but things have moved on.

Cheers, thanks for confirming. :)

Here's a clumsy analogy: If my 112's sound like a well-trained athlete, the Eden cabs sound like a big, burly bodybuilder. (You have to be one to shift them too!)

I'd like to have left one of them at one of my regular rehearsal spaces, but the difference in sound just does my head in. I have gained a new appreciation for my 112's though, and at 35 lbs, I guess lugging them around is really not that bad. I'm really happy with all of this quality equipment.