Why become a member? ×

Future Impact Re-housing Project

GisserD

2 hours ago, GisserD said:

Beta V3 is complete.

Hopefully I can finalise the design today and I'll be able to print a batch this weekend.

If anybody wants one, send an email to [email protected] with "future impact Housing" in the subject. Let me know where you are so I can calculate postage.

DSC_0766.thumb.JPG.9f647022c4f071ba4da9b94ff0f48e36.JPG

Updates include:

lettering/labels - added, but not totally happy with the definition. im working on it

Internal screen protect - not sure yet if i'm going to fit a screen protector for shipping as its an easy fit if you want to put one on. I actually prefer it off as the numbers are brighter.

small internal feature changes for better fit - No more fiddly wiggly assembly.

That’s looking really good!

Beta V4 is on the board!

I've spent too long on the text already, i think this is about as good as i can get it.

only a few small tweaks to some features and i'm calling it complete. Watch out for emails in the next few days telling you all how to get one.

DSC_0779.thumb.jpg.6c9b527590008eb0df71bfedfb2ff005.jpg

DSC_0780.thumb.jpg.78d6a3f3139473f483cb5adbf39a9ea7.jpg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, GisserD said:

Beta V4 is on the board!

I've spent too long on the text already, i think this is about as good as i can get it.

only a few small tweaks to some features and i'm calling it complete. Watch out for emails in the next few days telling you all how to get one.

DSC_0779.thumb.jpg.6c9b527590008eb0df71bfedfb2ff005.jpg

DSC_0780.thumb.jpg.78d6a3f3139473f483cb5adbf39a9ea7.jpg

Freaking awesome!

7 hours ago, fretmeister said:

But I'd kill the encoder near the right footswitch with my boots.

It wouldn’t be a great deal of work with a soldering iron to swap the footswitches over, guessing someone would use ‘ON/OFF’ more than ‘Program Change’. Although you would of course need to change the screen print too.

Si

i've had a few people asking me if ill give/sell them the design...

After some thought, i've decided not too. Not yet anyway. I've spent quite a few hours now honing the settings to make the text look acceptable. The chances are, anybody who prints this themselves will have to do the same... 

Also, i'm intending on selling these things. I have sunk quite a few days into this, and by giving the design away it allows others to do the same, and therefore potentially devaluing the design

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, GisserD said:

i've had a few people asking me if ill give/sell them the design...

After some thought, i've decided not too. Not yet anyway. I've spent quite a few hours now honing the settings to make the text look acceptable. The chances are, anybody who prints this themselves will have to do the same... 

Also, i'm intending on selling these things. I have sunk quite a few days into this, and by giving the design away it allows others to do the same, and therefore potentially devaluing the design

The postal service is still reliable so anyone interested should just pay the modest price and buy one from GisserD.

Since I sold my FI recently (not sure if I will not buy one again.... ) I have no need for this at the mo. But this has gotten me really interesteded in the whole 3d design, slicer, printer thing. I quite often use a combination of elbow grease, moldable plastics and tooling to create bespoke parts (musical and non-musical). Perhaps I am going to get on the printer band-wagon and start designing and printing them. Thank you @GisserD for opening my eyes :)

• Like 1

Ok. So I've been working on a variant of this design that reduces the size by another 17mm....

I call it the "super compact"!!!

Granted there may not be much demand for this version.... But it's the one I will put on my board as I control via ES8.

length is now 82mm from 154mm, that's a reduction of 46%

The trade-off is that the switches are now only operated by hand! And protrude a small distance from the side of the pedal. 

I will be offering both designs for those that want one.

DSC_0790.thumb.JPG.7c986c30074fd2bff3c48beb60b2c709.JPG

DSC_0791.thumb.JPG.4b4fd35c457aa2383a26f55369f9f11b.JPG

DSC_0792.thumb.JPG.3f6c533e2efc1550e811233559c17e25.JPG

DSC_0793.thumb.JPG.d7b2de7c72da13078245ec51b1b92559.JPG

DSC_0794.thumb.JPG.55642ce6d234f4f87bc5b7e96961610c.JPG

Edited by GisserD
  • Like 5

19 hours ago, Sibob said:

It wouldn’t be a great deal of work with a soldering iron to swap the footswitches over, guessing someone would use ‘ON/OFF’ more than ‘Program Change’. Although you would of course need to change the screen print too.

Si

This is a most excellent idea!