Why become a member? ×

*SOLD* Fender Precision '78 maple
£1450

will4bass

This Precision bass 1s built like a tank and plays and sounds like a dream. It has been played a lot and it shows.  The bass looks great on stage but when you take a closer look you will see small dents and scratches all over the bass as the pictures show. Technically it is 100%. I bought it a few years ago and I think the pickups and pots aren't original. It also has an orange cap which is not original I think. The body, neck, tuners, pick-guard etc. are original. I have no ashtrays. Maybe I can find a thumb-rest in my drawers but can't promise that. The bass is really exceptionally good. I have never really liked the harshness that basses like this may have but this one really is as sweet, sparkling and fat as no Precision maple bass I ever played. Whether you play rock, reggae, soul or funk etc. this bass delivers. Maybe the great sound is also related to the modifications. I really don't know. I do know what I hear and feel and that is great. The bass weighs a little less that 4500 grams which isn't light but considering the period not heavy either (as you will know some are over 5000 grams) and the balance is alright. Comes with an old hard shell case that looks pretty vintage but is not original. If you have a chance come over and try the bass. I'm so confident about this one that, if you are a serious buyer and know what a Fender Precision maple is like, I will return your money if you decide to return the bass. Why selling? I do have a very nice 1960 Precision which is enough Precision bass for me. I mostly play 5 stringers and have more great basses than fingers so this is a matter of killing darlings. The Bass is located in The Netherlands. Trying out on Glockenklang/Aguilar/GR Bass amplification gear and/or shipping is possible.

Edited by will4bass
  • Like 5