Why become a member? ×

Musicman StingRay Now SOLD
£1100

ash

Musicman StingRay HH 4 Bass Cased US made approximately 2015

The bass is in near new condition with only minor finish blemishes on the edge of the body. The bass has been rarely played and has spent most of its life in its case. I am the second owner and I bought it as I wanted to try the HH version of a StingRay. I prefer a maple board however therefore I’m looking to sell it to buy a maple neck option unless someone has a Musicman bass with maple neck to trade? I’ve not seen an HH in white before and it really gives it a vintage look. It comes with all case accessories and keys, string wipes, etc. all unopened. It’s finished in creamy white or vintage white if you prefer. It weighs 4.4kgs and is well balanced and very comfortable to play. Frets are as new and the rosewood board is lovely and dark with a satin feel neck. One odd thing is that the strap buttons are a pewter colour to my eyes but there isn’t evidence to suggest they have been changed as they look like standard buttons for an EB strap lock system.
The bass has the usual MM trussrod and original bridge all working as they ought to. The hardware and electrics are top quality. It has a good action and plays very well, set up for my tastes and is currently strung with 40-100 Rotos.

Here’s the Musicman blurb...

Featuring a dual alnico-backed humbucker design, five-way selector switch for easy combination toggling and the coveted built-in three-band equalization, the Ernie Ball Music Man StingRay 4 HH offers double humbuckers for great tonal variation. 

Cash on pickup preferred but I can post within the UK if needed at buyers cost. Trade wise I’m ONLY interested in Musicman US made basses with maple boards, I’m not interested in Bongos or SUBs. Thanks for looking! 

To clarify I’m looking at trades at a similar value. A straight swap your maple board MM for mine. Single pickup classic MMs also considered. 

SOLD elsewhere 

1D48DF8D-33F6-40F5-B06C-53EF130F319D.jpeg

8FE46C3B-B3A1-4538-A739-4E6F357AABD6.jpeg

Edited by ash
  • Like 2