Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass A/O amp

Cuzzie

I don't know I'm fully done with pedals just yet; while I'm sure this amp will do me fine for the time being, I'm still a whore for Tech21 and still have my dUg.  I may swing for a Sansamp YYZ at some point for a bit more variety and to prove that I'm not done with the company just yet.

While I haven't tried it yet, I'm assuming I can utilise the Darkglass poweramp side by just plugging the dUg into the return on the effects loop?

• Like 1

Yeah - use the DP3x though there or up front on the amp.

It will always give you something different and Tech21 are a very very good company. Doug Darkglass has a Tech21 dUg Ultrabass amp in his arsenal, so if he is not done with them, neither should you be!

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cuzzie said:

Yeah - use the DP3x though there or up front on the amp.

It will always give you something different and Tech21 are a very very good company. Doug Darkglass has a Tech21 dUg Ultrabass amp in his arsenal, so if he is not done with them, neither should you be!

The DP3X sounds peachy through the return.  Definitely preferable than going in through the front.  Bring on the YYZ stomp.

• Like 1

Love that amp @NancyJohnson.  The connection options are much better than my MT900, which is pretty basic.  Thanks for helping me to run in my cabs - they sounded great at the gig last night!

For pedalboard options, I have a four cable setup with my pedalboard and it works well.  Drive/distortion etc in the front, modulation/delay/reverb in the effects loop after the pre-amp.

IMG_4157.jpeg

IMG_4158.jpeg

IMG_4159.jpeg

IMG_4160.jpeg

Edited by Graemeross
  • Like 4

• 3 months later...

The one knob compression on the two new amps is described in the manual as: "controls the amount of dynamic compression added to the Microtubes Engine."  That is a little ambiguous wording for me as it kinda implies that the compression is only available when the Microtubes Engine i.e. the dirt is engaged. But that would be a bit weird to not also be available just on the clean tone, particularly given that the Microtubes Engine can already be used "to add natural compression" so adding further compression to the drive would seem potentially less useful than to the clean.

Looking at the circuit diag. it seems to me that the compression, like the gain, sits outside the Microtubes and can be used on just clean

And that would also tie in with the markings on the front which indicate that the compression and gain are both not part of the Microtubes engine

@NancyJohnson @Kieran30803 You gents able to confirm that I've understood this correctly i.e. compression can be used just with the clean tone? 

DG M900 v2.png

Edited by Al Krow

I'm not familiar with Darkglass equipment but from the diagram, text, and manual it would seem that with the Microtubes engine disengaged the clean signal goes straight to the compressor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1