Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass A/O amp

Cuzzie

7 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Perhaps I can get an M900 cheapish now then :)

Only if we current owners sell, and the fall in used values means (in my case) I'm going to hold on to mine (so I get my money's worth out of it). If others do the same then that is going to restrict supply, which will keep prices up. Which of course then might tempt a few of us to sell our V1s...but then you won't be getting a cheapish V1. Hmmm....😂

Edited by Al Krow

1 minute ago, Al Krow said:

Only if we current owners sell, and the fall in used values means (in my case) I'm going to hold on to mine (so I get my money's worth out of it). If others do the same then that is going to restrict supply, which will keep prices up. Which of course then might tempt a few of us to sell our V1s...but then you won't be getting a cheapish V1. Hmmm....😂

I’ve been without a Bass Amp for about 3 years. I’ll wait!!

Well done Doug.

Cab sim with 3 switchable cabs! Separate pre and post DI outs! Compressor! Headphone amp with aux in!

The only thing I could wish for would be that both distortion engines were in the one single amp instead of making 2 amps!

Also, I would hope that the cab sim only affects the DI and headphone out and not the speaker output...?

Edited by dannybuoy
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

Also, I would hope that the cab sim only affects the DI and headphone out and not the speaker output...?

The cabsim only affect the Post DI and headphones. 

Reply about this by Doug. 

This really does look most excellent. But with both an M900 and the B7K/AO pedals I cant justify getting a new one. 

Edited by bjelkeman
Spelling

1 hour ago, bjelkeman said:

This really does look most excellent. But with both an M900 and the B7K/AO pedals I cant justify getting a new one. 

Yes, it will be interesting to see how many folk do move their existing M900s on because they are looking to upgrade?

Given that it will be six months to a year before we're likely to see any V2s coming onto the market used, there may not be an immediate big knock on to the V1 used prices (if the only alternative is an expensive new V2), and in a year's time another 15% discount on the V1s would be kinda fair enough in terms of additional wear and tear...

1 hour ago, BigRedX said:

Has there been any further information about what MIDI control is available beyond this meaningless statement: "The midi input allow you to control the channels of the amp via a midi standard controller."

Well look, it's not what either of us want which is midi recallable presets. So you can rest assured you'll be disappointed.

I can't understand the reluctance to implement this. It makes gear so much more flexible.

36 minutes ago, Wolverinebass said:

Well look, it's not what either of us want which is midi recallable presets. So you can rest assured you'll be disappointed.

I can't understand the reluctance to implement this. It makes gear so much more flexible.

Yes and, having experimented with it myself, it's relatively easy to do even for a total microcontroller newbie like me. I gave up the project in the end as 1). I'd proved I could do it, and 2). I don't like the DG sound enough to build a completed pedal based on it...

Edited by Bigwan

2 hours ago, Bigwan said:

Yes, and having experimented with it myself, it's relatively easy to do, even for a total microcontroller newbie like me. I gave it up the project in the end as 1). I'd proved I could do it, and 2). I don't like the DG sound enough to build a completed pedal based on it...

Well, if you can put midi presets on a pedal, just saying that you've at least one customer here.....

10 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Has there been any further information about what MIDI control is available beyond this meaningless statement: "The midi input allow you to control the channels of the amp via a midi standard controller."

Without doing any research whatsoever I would hazard a guess that means turning the distortion on and off.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Which would imply nothing more than the footswitch then... 

A 'super intelligent' footswitch that won't be included with the amp but will be available as an 'optional' extra for £75.

Seriously, I am intrigued by these amps. It would be the Alpha Omega 900 or the new Mesa WD-800 in terms of new amps I would be keen to try if I was looking for a new amp (which I'm not).

• Like 2

8 hours ago, thodrik said:

A 'super intelligent' footswitch that won't be included with the amp but will be available as an 'optional' extra for £75.

I can engage / disengage the drive with the basic "intelligent" footswitch. Doesn't require super intelligence, which is fortunate as I am a very long way short! 😄 

9 hours ago, thodrik said:

Seriously, I am intrigued by these amps. It would be the Alpha Omega 900 or the new Mesa WD-800 in terms of new amps I would be keen to try if I was looking for a new amp (which I'm not).

You say “you’re not” now... until that tiny bit of GAS takes hold! 😂

52 minutes ago, bassfan said:

You say “you’re not” now... until that tiny bit of GAS takes hold! 😂

I'm not that bad with 'new amp' GAS. It is 'second hand hand GAS' on the BC marketplace that I struggle with!

The price of £1,069 isn't too bad in the current climate. I have a garage to build first though so must I pull myself away from looking at amps as I currently have nowhere to put them!