Why become a member? ×

Nash basses opinion

busccini

1 minute ago, three said:

I'd strongly recommend a US Lakland (Joe Osborne) - beautifully constructed with the best J necks I've ever played - modelled perfectly on early 60s Fender Js

nice basses as well , but i kind of preffer no quaerter sawn necks , i think to old style necks like old fenders are better more punch, but maybe is only me

Very comparable I'd say...although personally I preferred Limelight relic'ing but it's a matter of taste! Do you have a era/colour in mind? I can see if if he's ever sent me any photos similar (I've been looking after his instagram!) The three I've had so far... another on the way so I may be biased!

Paddy1.jpg

Edited by knicknack

I would certainly recommend Limelight.  They made me a great copy of Geddy's famous J bass down to the minor blemishes.  I would recommend looking for 'real' old basses and ask them to copy it.  Andy Baxter basses is a good resource for pics and ideas.

Anyone else apart from knicknack used a Nash?

People across the water use them and rave, Glenn Hughes uses Nash and he makes them sound great, but he is a little bit talented....

Personally I used to think they were a very expensive bitsa bass company - but that may have changed.

I say buck the trend and get one, probably not many in the Uk

I tried a couple of Nash's in a shop  a few years back. They were about on par with my Tokai and Aria Jazz and P copies from the '81 and 78 respectively but not quite as good to play IMO.

For that money I'd get a passive Sandberg or you could save money and get an older Japanese copy that's seen some use.

• Like 1

I got to play some nash basses in a shop Call Station music ,nice finish and all but i could Not decide.  every bass nearly  2300 Euro with that money could buy some really Top used gear.

So i both a limelight today ,74 jazz From  cool and Classic guitars , lets see i keep in Touch. 

I've owned Nash and Bravewood relics. 

There was a time (2006/7) when a Nash was a good deal in that it was an assembly of good quality parts put together by someone who knew what they were doing with a vibey nitro job and tarnishing etc But they are very much parts instruments (I had a J bass and a Telecaster). I would never consider paying the prices being asked for them new (or second hand nowadays) based on my past experience. They're fine for what they are but nothing special.

Bravewoods are in another class altogether. Stunning instruments in my experience. Totally different from the Nash instruments. 

Would like to try a Limelight someday as they look like excellent value. 

27 minutes ago, Cairobill said:

I've owned Nash and Bravewood relics. 

There was a time (2006/7) when a Nash was a good deal in that it was an assembly of good quality parts put together by someone who knew what they were doing with a vibey nitro job and tarnishing etc But they are very much parts instruments (I had a J bass and a Telecaster). I would never consider paying the prices being asked for them new (or second hand nowadays) based on my past experience. They're fine for what they are but nothing special.

Bravewoods are in another class altogether. Stunning instruments in my experience. Totally different from the Nash instruments. 

Would like to try a Limelight someday as they look like excellent value. 

I play last week i few nash basses ,nice Instruments,  nice finish but for sure Not for his value , i would buy used custom shop .I both a limelight i Hey to do a Video or some Sound Clips i gona be in the Studio in 2 week.

Cherry.

I got Today my limelight 74 jazz bass, plays Great, defintly Vintage like ,

The Price is ok for his Quality,  i Really Think in this parts basses you Need some luck as well.

I do have to Say the nash basses are nicer Finish you Really See the high gloss and only in the paint job goes a lot of money.

Thanks for advice folks

Cheers alexis

• Like 1