Why become a member? ×

Classic ITV Theme Tunes

Billy Apple

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 06:44, lowdown said:

Rich did an interview with Mo Foster for Basschat several years ago. An interesting read.

Blimey, that's taking me back! :lol: that was fun, and Mo was an absolute star. What a lovely man.

• Haha 1

On ‎24‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 00:23, TrevorR said:

Don’t you mean Bwian Wawlden?

My favourite Spitting Image sketch with Brian Walden was the one where he was asking Cecil Parkinson and Michael Heseltine about all the 'rancour' within the Conservative party...

• Haha 1

Seeing as 'ITV' was just used as click bate, I will throw in a Bill Conti composed classic.

:D

Ray Pizzi on Alto and Ernie Watts on Tenor. As tight as two Saxes together can get!

Plus: Dennis Budimir (guitar), Mike Lang (keyboards), Lee Sklar (bass), Steve Schaeffer (drums) and Emil Richards (percussion, tympani) . Trumpets: Jerry Hey & Gary Grant.

Edited by lowdown

• 4 weeks later...
On 24/01/2019 at 09:35, Hobbayne said:

You cant beat Space 1999 for some classic 70's Wackacha' pedal.

No idea who the bassist was. Carol Kaye done some TV themes.

Was musing on how great this tune is and decided to check out whether Allmusic.com had and sort of entry. Turned out they did. It certainly threw a few interesting names into the mix... 

Drums - Liam Genockey Of Steeleye Span fame

Percussion - Tristan Fry Of Sky fame

Wakka wakka Guitar - Vic Elmes (who was in prog band zZebra with Genockey)

But the name which really caught my attention was the bass player from zZebra who provides that great bass line. A certain Mr John McCoy, later of Samson, Gillan and Mammoth. Saw him playing with Gillan on the Future Shock/Double Trouble tour. What a commanding presence! Great P bass tone too! 

GillanB_11.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2