Why become a member? ×

EBS Micro Bass 3!

Guest subaudio

Guest subaudio

EBS have just announced an improved Micro Bass at Namm! Not a great deal of detail but it looks very promising.

I was hoping they'd tinker with the v2, here's hoping its a good one :)

can't see a speaker sim button though, hopefully that's been dealt with......

NEWSLETTERHEADER.png

EBS release the MicroBass 3 at
the NAMM Show 2019!

How can you maintain your bass sound in all kinds of situations - without using a digital device or bringing out your entire rig? EBS answer the question with the new EBS MicroBass 3 preamp.

The EBS MicroBass 3 is a 2-channel preamp, built exclusively with premium components. It is engineered by EBS in Sweden with technologies from the famous HD360 and Fafner II amplifier designs.

Run the Clean and Drive channels in series or parallel. Use the dual balanced XLR-outputs to tap the signal post and pre EQ at the same time. With 10 Mohms input impedance, it handles any type of bass - passive, active or with piezo pickups.

The built-in tuner makes it easy to tune between songs without the need of an external device. The MicroBass 3 also carries an onboard compressor, similar to the one found on several EBS amplifiers, and several more features.

The analog EBS MicroBass 3 ensures your sound - every time.

Features:

• 100% analog professional preamp.
  • Dual channels – Clean and Drive.
  • Run in parallel or series.
  • Blend control for the drive.
  • Dual Balanced XLR-out (pre & post EQ or Stereo).
  • Effects loop (mono or stereo).
  • Character and Bright filters (clean channel).
  • HI or LO gain drive engines.
  • Thin or Deep type (drive channel).
  • Tuner, Aux-input, Headphones out.
  • 10 Mohms input impedance (main input).
  • 9V DC, 400 mA required (power supply included).

CHECK OUT THE MICROBASS 3 AT THE EBS NAMM BOOTH #5644.

Follow us on Facebook (@ebssweden) & Instagram (@ebsswedenofficial) for updates from the show!

Ps. Visit www.ebssweden.com for everything about EBS at NAMM.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See www.ebssweden.com for all about EBS.

EBS Professional Bass Equipment - Great Tools to Play With!  

Copyright © 2019 EBS SWEDEN AB, All rights reserved. 

Edited by subaudio

Well it remains to be seen if this 3 is superior to the 2...im sceptical..... & No tube simulator now                                        Tuner & Compression added but no longer a pad..?    Im a big fan of the microbass II & its a been a big seller worldwide.                                                       Manufactured in China..? this could be a winner...lets see?? But i for one wont be parting with my original any time soon.

Edited by paulo m

Guest subaudio

With the tuner and comp it seams to be aimed at the Plex a bit.

I really like the idea of a comp and an improved drive, not too fussed about the tuner except maybe for minimal gear gigs.

Looking closely at the pics it looks like a computer generated model, so hopefully all the favourite v2 version buttons and options will be on the production models.

Heres hoping anyway, if they are, I'm having one, will have to hear it.....

This looks like the finished EBS product to me!! As for the G.K Plex it is a Lemon!!! i tryed it & it was awfull on so many levels ( Doesnt interact with other pedals well at all) &  compared to the microbass 2"  Looks like the designers have taken ideas from T.C ( spectracomp) & G.K the Tuner' as for the Drive' ( Darkglass) ??  As my above script' this could be a winner... Sales will decide that one' im sure many people will rush out to buy one on the strength of its predecessor' but for myself im going to wait!!

I'm quite excited by this, looks like it takes the best parts of the two and improves on them. The addition of switchable drive, a compressor and a tuner means this could conceivably replace half my pedalboard.

I may well have a Microbass II for sale soon.....

Guest subaudio
3 minutes ago, Graham said:

Bass Direct took a photo of presumably the prototype at NAMM

FB_IMG_1548594208281.jpg

Nice one, thanks for that, I thought the photo in the press release looked cgi, this pretty much proves it so their might be more options on the production models, speaker sim, tube sim etc....

It does look cool :)

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, itu said:

"Power Requirements: Idle  450mA @9V. Max  750mA @9V (with headphones at max output level)"

Pretty hefty power consumption: 6.75 W! One PSU goes to this unit only.

Indeed - and one of the reasons it's lost one of the nice features (phantom power over XLR). I'm guessing there's some digital element going on with the tuner too - which will add to the power consumption somewhat.

1 hour ago, itu said:

"Power Requirements: Idle  450mA @9V. Max  750mA @9V (with headphones at max output level)"

Pretty hefty power consumption: 6.75 W! One PSU goes to this unit only.

Power supply included - and it would be a p*ss take if it wasn't at this price.

I have the mkII and it's just the best, so this is of no interest to me; it only would be if mine broke, and it's rather unlikely considering how well it is made.

Ok, I tell a lie - it was of no interest to me until the basstheworld video :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I double on acoustic upright and electric bass guitar, and I've just picked up a MicroBass 3.

Primarily (of course) it needs to sound really good on both instruments; but after that what stands out for me are the routing options:

• I can connect and level-balance both my basses;
  • DI (in fact it has two);
  • aux input for receiving a monitor feed, if I'm using in-ears.
  • whether using in-ears or an on-stage speaker, I can adjust the volume I hear my bass without affecting FOH.

I've been noodling about tonight at home and it sounds good.  Next gig is on Saturday so can test it out for real then.

To answer the previous poster's question: as well as the drive knob itself there are two additional switches affecting the drive character: LO/HI and THIN/NEUTRAL/DEEP.  I'm getting a nice hint of break-up using LO and NEUTRAL.

Photo, including almost-matching-colour custom in-ears monitor cable (XLR to mini jack):

IMG_20190711_004502-01_800.jpeg.d862fa7b81a50ef01bfc95dc5db8fa9b.jpeg

• Like 3