Why become a member? ×

Hellborg amps and cabs on sale. 01/2019

itu

Wouldn't you be totally miffed if you'd paid 4 grand for this stuff when it came out?!! 

Having played a full beans one of these, you won't be disappointed. Neither will your chiropractor as the power amps can only be lifted off the ground with a crane. The power handling of the cabs is surprisingly low and they're heavy, but that's neither here nor there as this stuff is quality.

I’m on my second Hellborg rig (and have two Hellborg pres from previous Hellborg adventures).  This is the best bass preamp I've used (for me) by some distance and the list includes some of the world's most desirable pres from studio SS to exotic valve units.

Beware, you'll see in my previous posts that I've experienced problems with the power amps - there's a gritty tone with some hifi cabs - it may be a good idea to consider a Hellborg cab if you’re in the market.

Edited by three

Just received my pre and stereo power amp. I’m running it into an barefaced big twin 2. 

I tried not to have any expextations and since I’m still in the honeymoon fase I’ll try not to gush.....too much

The sound and looks are phenomenal.....as is the weight! 

The immediacy of the notes,  the dynamics. It’s warm yet very accurate. The eq is absolutely brilliant. It’s dead silent.

Even the switches feel super sturdy.

I think I’ll keep it. 

B9D4A2E8-1529-41CD-9EC0-93F3227FCB7A.jpeg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, rsint said:

Just received my pre and stereo power amp. I’m running it into an barefaced big twin 2. 

I tried not to have any expextations and since I’m still in the honeymoon fase I’ll try not to gush.....too much

The sound and looks are phenomenal.....as is the weight! 

The immediacy of the notes,  the dynamics. It’s warm yet very accurate. The eq is absolutely brilliant. It’s dead silent.

Even the switches feel super sturdy.

I think I’ll keep it. 

B9D4A2E8-1529-41CD-9EC0-93F3227FCB7A.jpeg

Not helpful!!!!

• Haha 3