Up for sale is this stunning MTD535 ‘Marilyn’. Amazing playability and a killer sound (the B string is immense) but the reality is that it’s just not getting used so it needs to go to a good home.
Here are some of the specs, which can also be seen in the official letter below.
- Wenge neck with birds eye maple fingerboard.
- Chambered alder body with a claro walnut top.
- Buzz Feiten tuning system (for more accurate intonation)
- 35 inch scale 21 fret
- Bartolini pick ups and preamp
- Weight: (according to my scales approx 9.5lbs)
- 19m string spacing
It also comes with the official case.
The bass is in excellent condition and has been professionally set up last year. In the interest of transparency I have included some close up pictures of a couple of small marks on the bottom of the body. These obviously cannot be seen when playing the bass!
For sale this beautifull MTD 535-21 price drop to £2600
Killer sound and playability !
No Trade except with another MTD 535 with other woods combo.
19mm string spacing
maple burl top
assymetrical neck / maple
fingerboard / Honduras rosewood
preamp and pickups custom made : Bartolini 18V
volume- balance - treble - mids - bass- and a three position switch for mid frequencies (250-500-1000)
Original case and papers are missing.
I will provide a gator semihard case.
Located in south of France.
Michael Tobias sent me all details by email:
For sale is my MTD Kingston Super 5, bought new from Bass Direct last year. It has huge amounts of tonal range from twin MM-style pickups with dual 3-way coil tap switches and 3-band eq. 35" scale with a great low B. Satin Black finish, Laurel fingerboard. There's a bit of finger swirl in the finish below the strings, but otherwise it's in excellent condition. Here's a link to the specs: http://www.bassdirect.co.uk/bass_guitar_specialists/MTD_Super_5_DB_Maple.html
I've also upgraded the tuners to USA Hipshot Ultralites (£125 for the set) and it sits on a strap or the knee beautifully. £725 £650 including UK shipping. Sorry, but I'm looking for a straight sale, so no trades offers please.
I am selling this wonderful Elrick Bass.
It is a bass with an impressive sound record, and not only that, but this model is very beautiful.
The bass is in perfect condition of everything, has the typical marks of having been used and played, but nothing important or that affects its functionality.
He has some non-original knobs, but more beautiful and softer to handle.
Elrick is much prettier when you have it in front of you but the pictures I've taken are bad
- Elrick Gold Series 5 with water cured redwood burl top.
- Build: 2015
- Bought: 2016
- Neck: quarter sawn hard maple
- Swamp ash body
- Neck mount: bolt on
- Fingerboard: birdseye maple
- Inlays: Dichrolam Blocks custom
- 24 medium frets + 0 fret
- Nut width: 48 mm (1,89 inches)
- Scale: 889 mm (35 inches)
- Fingerboard radius: 304,8 mm (12 inches)
- Pickups: Bartolini soapbar pickups
- Electronics: Bartolini NTMBF 3-band, controls: Master Volume, PU-Blend, Treble (+/- 16 dB @ 10 kHz), Midrange (+/- 10dB), Bass (+/- 14 dB @ 30 Hz), switches: 3-way mid freq switch (250 Hz, 500 Hz, 800 Hz), activ/passiv
- Bridge: Elrick Custom
- Hardware finish: black, tuners: Hipshot Ultra-light
- Original Case (It is perfect but a lock is broken, it has come off the plastic)
- Made in Chicago USA
- Weight: 8,5 lbs (3,85kg)
I can accept some trade. I am interested in Yamaha BBNE2 LTD (gray) or BBNE2 white, in perfect condition. In this case the trade will take place without contributing money. I'm also looking for a Yamaha BB2025X but in this trade you have to contribute money in my way.
Selling this beautiful MTD 535-24, sad to see it go, but needing to make room for other gear!
It's an incredible example of one of Michael Tobias' 535-24, it's one of the most comfortable basses i've ever played in my life, with an incredibly multi timbral sound.
£3400 NOW £3200 (open to sensible offers)
Collect from West London, or shipping at the buyers expense.
The only trade i'd consider would be a Fender American Elite Jazz Bass V (Champagne) + cash.