Why become a member? ×

jess loureiro pick ups - what to buy instead?

Combed20

My wife very kindly ordered me some jess loureiro pups for my p-bass early in December last year, and while we can see they were despatched soon after, they have still not arrived. We've emailed several times, but have received zero replies. I going to give it till the end of the month and then raise a dispute with paypal. Anyway, can anyone who has played a jess loureiro p-bass pup recommend a similar sounding alternative? Preferably a company who's 'reply' function on their email works...

Thanks in adv, Dan

I've read a few posts on here saying emails are replied to before sale, and then nothing after - think I'm the only one who has paid and recieved nothing. I'm sure he did despatch, but's it's simply inexcusable to ignore a customer when they report their item has been lost in transit. Shame.  A really good product.

Unfortunately, I can't pop over to Spain to visit his store ;) If you can answer emails prior to sale, no excuse for not replying afterwards. If they don't arrive soon, some lucky company will get 2 orders from me. One to go in my main bass and one to go in spare which currently has Jess' pups. I wan't them to sound the same. Maybe I'll investigate Mojo. Thanks for the tip.

I bought a 51 P pickup for a Bitsa project and it sounds fantastic. It's the twin coil version and with a series/ parallel switch it delivers both a great split P and single coil 51 P sound. 

Sadly Jess uses the Spanish equivalent to the UK's Royal Mail and my first consignment got lost somewhere in Spain. After raising a PayPal dispute the second pickup delivery arrived within 4 days. 

I highly recommend the 51P pickup!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 21/01/2019 at 22:33, Combed20 said:

I've read a few posts on here saying emails are replied to before sale, and then nothing after - think I'm the only one who has paid and recieved nothing. I'm sure he did despatch, but's it's simply inexcusable to ignore a customer when they report their item has been lost in transit. Shame.  A really good product.

Nope, you're not the only one. I just got my money back from paypal last month after ordering back in December. No replies to emails or facebook messages, and given a useless tracking number that sat on "pre-registered waiting to be collected" for over 2 months. I'm wondering how many people he's conned out of money over the years by not delivering and just hoping they forget.

Edit* Apologies for the necro bump.

Edited by AnAnInginAneAnA

This is sad to read. I have bought from Jess a few times in the past and his service was great. Shame.

I bought some strat pickups from http://www.qpickups.com/ recently, based in Croatia, and they are superb. I haven’t tried their bass pickups yet, but based on the build quality and sound of the strat ones, plus the service quality, he will be where I go next when I need something for a bass.

Edited by Doctor J