Why become a member? ×

Nordstrand Big Single 5 String Pickups Pair - SOLD!
£100

FS - Nordstrand Big Single 5 String Pickup set, Bartolini dimensions, 18mm spacing. Hardly used. Excellent sound. Reason for sale,  I'm a pro bass player having a clear out. I'll be happy to post, UK only. Thanks.

Nordstrand's (somewhat strange!) blurb...

• History: The Nordic craftsman that inhabit our shop discovered these pickups one day in the lab when they accidentally combined a threateningly large coil with Nordstrand s famous angled pole design. The result was nuclear: our shop still hasn't quite recovered from the vibrational fallout, but we can proudly say that as a result of this combination we have developed a product that contains radioactive vigor. Given these pickup s mammoth presence and tremendous ability to facilitate fuzz, they have become a Nordstrand shop favorite.
  • Length: 4.27” (108.46 mm)

Width: 1.27” (32.36 mm)

IMG_6517.jpg

Edited by Leon C 2
SOLD

They are indeed seriously good pickups, but I’m getting on a bit now and I find myself reverting to just a few classic instruments. I had these on a Cort A5 and they blew the stock pickups away. But, as a part of my life laundry, the A5 got sold (with it’s original p/ups refitted) along with several of my less frequently used instruments, hence these pickups are now surplus to my requirements. I now have only 1 5-string bass, a Sadowsky USA Jazz Bass which I’ve had since 1995.  Anyway, thanks for looking! Cheers, Dave B

Please, could you measure each pickup separately. For example, my Ibanez BTB by spec is 19mm, but bridge pickup has 18mm spacing and neck position one has 17mm spacing. By eye seeing, in proportion where is first circle x Nordstrand logo sign, I guess they must be 17mm and 16mm, but for check, give me know. Waiting for answer here or pm. Thank in advance

• Josh locked this topic