Why become a member? ×

1973 Gibson EB-0
£1350

knicknack

Tentatively up for sale as I have a project on the mind! Mark at Limelight has had a good look and we're looking at early 1973 with all original pots/wiring etc. Apparently the pickup was moved back in late '72, and it certainly makes the bass more versatile than the earlier models I've played, a little more Precision in character. 30" scale.

A few reversible modifications included to make this bass more gig friendly, this being the Hipshot Supertone bridge allowing for far better intonation/action adjustment, and Ultralite tuners which have alleviated all signs of neck dive. Bridge is a drop in replacement and tuners have been done so that any sign should be covered up by originals, should you wish to refit. Currently fitted with GHS Pressurewounds, but will have D'addario Chrome Flats included. Dunlop Straplocks and a nice wide strap. Reunion Blues semi hollow guitar case which is a good fit and offers a lot of protection. 

Would much prefer for the bass to be seen in person before sale, am in Bournemouth and happy to meet within reason. Could ship if truly necessary. 

P1211399.JPG

P1211400.JPG

P1211401.JPG

P1211402.JPG

P1211403.JPG

P1211405.JPG

P1211406.JPG

P1211407.JPG

P1211411.JPG

0B84D0E3-B85A-4CC1-837A-5640211CA6E5.JPG

Edited by knicknack
  • Like 3

Couple more questions - do you have the original bridge cover and hardcase?  I'm guessing not as they aren't mentioned in your description but thought I'd ask in case :) 

16 hours ago, Paul S said:

Couple more questions - do you have the original bridge cover and hardcase?  I'm guessing not as they aren't mentioned in your description but thought I'd ask in case :) 

Cases are around but not easy to find but you can buy replacement bridge covers that look great

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...

Bump as of course I've spotted something on here I like the look of! The bass is currently in Devon with Classic & Cool Guitars (limelight Basses), it can be viewed there or shipped happily. 

Edited by knicknack