Why become a member? ×

Musicman StringRay5 - SOLD
£1000

carlsim

Hi all - selling my Musicman StingRay5 in natural ash finish with rosewood board. A great bass and my 5th SR5 - i keep going back and when I got this one, I said - this one is staying! However, I have seen a SR5 classic in natural finish which I simply have to own if I can so this one will have to go to fund it. If I don't sell, I won't be too upset as this is my goto bass but if I can sell, I will only be selling if I can get this SR5 classic.

Anyway, serial number dates the bass around 2003/2004 and it is a great player. The person who owned it before me hardly played it and it shows. I has one minor ding which is only a mark in the lacquer on the chamfered edge and a tiny bit of tarnishing on the pick up pole pieces but I normally sort this with a bit of emery cloth.It's a real players bass, typical stingray sound and feel and about 9lbs on the bathroom scales.

Comes with the musicman hardcase in which I can ship it in (will go halves on postage costs) and it comes with a rather funky pearl scratchplate as well as the original black one as well. I will put some new strings on for the new owner so it will be nice and fresh! The GruvGear case in the pics is not included.

Price - I need a grand. Firm. Simple as that. I will have to find a few hundred on top for the classic so can't budge on the price. This also seems to be inline with prices on here.

Collection from the East coast - or could meet within a reasonable distance if that helps.

IMG_20190121_091118.jpg

IMG_20190121_091121.jpg

IMG_20190121_091131.jpg

IMG_20190121_091136.jpg

IMG_20190121_091446.jpg

IMG_20190121_091113.jpg

Edited by carlsim
Sold