Why become a member? ×

NAD - GK 400RB ‘Custom’ Combo

sifi2112

Well actually ‘old’ amp but new cab (combo) .. I decided to build combo for my Gallien-Krueger 400RB II & put in a new 4 Ohm Faitalpro 15PR400 speaker to maximize the full output of the GK :)  .. Big thanks to Stevie for all his help (and patience) cheers mate !

8B403320-50A9-4C65-9931-E69333F193A7.jpeg

56135BA9-1983-4A08-97CE-8DD364B0465B.jpeg

Edited by sifi2112
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sounded fab at rehearsal.. Darkglass B7K driving it a bit a harder & had some volume spare, was at maybe 80% so it passed the stage level requirement.

However it wasn’t as easy to move with the castors as I’d hoped so I’ve now added a top strap / little plastic corners & replaced heavy castors with rubber feet as I’ve got a telescopic sack cart to move it.

Unfortunately there’s still just one down side :( it just too heavy to gig regular for me. I keep all my gear on 2nd floor. I’m guessing around 35kg as it feels similar to my Bagend 212 which weighs that much .. the ply I used is quite heavy but real quality & I maybe over built it a bit. The GK weighs 6kg so I could put a super light class D in ... still it looks good & more importantly sounds great !