Why become a member? ×

Fender Rumble 500 combo: thumbs up!!!

mcnach

Just a quick note.

On FRiday night I played at a local venue where they provided a Fender Rumble 500 combo for me, on top of a box, so its speaker was at belly level for me. 

I loved that thing. Ended up with the controls set flat, using my Stingray. Very powerful sound, great definition... If I were looking for a nice combo that would not cost the earth... I'd be getting one of these, no question.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Beer of the Bass said:

Which venue was that, out of curiosity? It's always handy to keep track of which ones have useable backline!

Banshee Labyrinth.

It's not a place I've been in much, so I have no idea whether that's their usual bass amp. 

Very good, 'though. It seems it costs around £500 new, and weighs 16.5 Kg... Very attractive. 

15 hours ago, mcnach said:

Very good, 'though. It seems it costs around £500 new, and weighs 16.5 Kg... Very attractive. 

Lots of love for the Fender Rumble 500W from what I've read on BC!

Just one point on this and a number of other 500W combos - they only seem to deliver their full 500W with the benefit of an extension cab, so bear that in mind if you're needing a bit more headroom. 

The only 500W combo I've come across (there may be others) which delivers its full payload through its own single combo cab is the Markbass AC121 Lite. But that's almost double the price new of the Fender...

On 20/01/2019 at 16:40, mcnach said:

Just a quick note.

On FRiday night I played at a local venue where they provided a Fender Rumble 500 combo for me, on top of a box, so its speaker was at belly level for me. 

I loved that thing. Ended up with the controls set flat, using my Stingray. Very powerful sound, great definition... If I were looking for a nice combo that would not cost the earth... I'd be getting one of these, no question.

Funny you should say that...Just about to sell mine. I am now going back to separates now after using the Rumble for the last couple of years. I found it lacked bottom end a bit. Certainly very loud! Added an extension cab,1 x 15. One of the cheap Wharefdale ones from Andertons. Made a massive differance and the rumble seemed to come alive! Now adding another 2 x 10,then getting a veyron amp. So,give me a shout if you are interested. I am in Falkirk and will be putting it on sale at £350. Comes with cover.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, theplumber said:

Funny you should say that...Just about to sell mine. I am now going back to separates now after using the Rumble for the last couple of years. I found it lacked bottom end a bit. Certainly very loud! Added an extension cab,1 x 15. One of the cheap Wharefdale ones from Andertons. Made a massive differance and the rumble seemed to come alive! Now adding another 2 x 10,then getting a veyron amp. So,give me a shout if you are interested. I am in Falkirk and will be putting it on sale at £350. Comes with cover.

Certainly tempting. :)

That's a lot of combo for £350... I'd bite your hand if I needed amplification, but my needs are covered for now. Thanks, 'though!

• Like 1