Why become a member? ×

Pork and Pickle

lowdowner

My Pork and Pickle is becoming a staple in my setup, but.... 

When it's in the signal path it boosts the volume, when it's out the volume goes back to the 'normal' level. This means I have to fiddle with the volume on the bass when I turn it on and off.

Is this normal for effects pedals? (this is my one and only) - how do you deal with a pedal adding volume, especially mid-song?

pandp.jpg

8 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

This is going to sound silly, but have you tried adjusting the volume knob?

Yes, but that doesn't help because the volume knob only adjusts the volume that is over and above 'normal' i.e. zero on the volume knob is the same as turning the pedal off.

51 minutes ago, lowdowner said:

Yes, but that doesn't help because the volume knob only adjusts the volume that is over and above 'normal' i.e. zero on the volume knob is the same as turning the pedal off.

That’s strange, I have the similar Pork Loin and Volume is the overall output level of the pedal. I adjust it so that the levels match when the pedal is off or on (about 9am on the dial in my case)

6 minutes ago, pineweasel said:

That’s strange, I have the similar Pork Loin and Volume is the overall output level of the pedal. I adjust it so that the levels match when the pedal is off or on (about 9am on the dial in my case)

I'll go back and look at this - I may be being a spanner!

It turns out that it *is* all in the volume knob! If it turn it right down, to about 1mm off zero(!) then I can match the output of the pedal when it's on to when it's off. It's *very* close though, even a tiny bit of movement and it blows the amp with a loud output! It's *hot*!

13 hours ago, lowdowner said:

It turns out that it *is* all in the volume knob! If it turn it right down, to about 1mm off zero(!) then I can match the output of the pedal when it's on to when it's off. It's *very* close though, even a tiny bit of movement and it blows the amp with a loud output! It's *hot*!

I love way huge, my sound defining pedal is a Swollen Pickle, but indeed they tend to use their volume knob in a strange manner. I don't know if anyone has ever put there swollen pickle volume above 9 'o clock, but that person must be deaf by now.