Why become a member? ×

Sold! Jack Casady Bass, Gold, Hipshot tuners, "Gibson" Headstock
£450

Studio GC

Here's my number One gigging bass. Been using it for a year with my 60's band carnabyarmy.com and it's been fantastic....until I went and bought a 1964 Hofner Senator bass, so as great as this one is it's time to move it along.

What you will see is the modified headstock. As many of you will know, these basses suffered from neck dive, so I took advantage of a Gibson headstock veneer  I had left over from a Les Paul project. By reshaping the headstock to the Gibson size venner(and adding Hipshot ultra light tuners) there is now zero neck dive.

The strap pin (Schaller's) has also been moved to the upper horn using a backing block so it's rock solid. It's strung with some old d'Adddario Chromes as well (I also used nuts to offset the strings at the bridge....keeps the windings off the saddles).

Shows some wear and tear, but not too bad. Some buckle rash and a hole was drilled for a thumb rest.

Sale includes epiphone hard case, original tuners, original selctor knod and scratch plate.

I can ship, but really would like to do a local deal on this one....happy to drive part way to meet for sale.

Here's a link to the talkbass forum showing the headstock mod:

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/lets-take-care-of-that-jack-casady-neck-dive.1345598/

More photos to follow.

20190119_125925.jpg

20190119_130100.jpg

20190119_130033.jpg

20190119_130022.jpg

Edited by Studio GC
  • Like 2

Beautiful work on the headstock. My issue with semi acoustics is the way they fall forward away from my body, how far has the relocation of the strap button gone to fixing this? You suggest it's still something of an issue on the TB thread, I was wondering how much... if that's even something you can quantify.