Why become a member? ×

EHX Bass Mono Synth

dannybuoy

59 minutes ago, Merton said:

I’ve just found this pedal and have to say I’m struggling not to buy one. Could be perfect for my new project.

You're not allowed. Did someone say Sibob...

Oh bugg*er it! Go get this pedal then you won't feel guilty about getting a BF SC 😂

• Haha 1

It won’t quite fit on my pedalboard as it stands. So either I’d need a bigger board or I’d need to rearrange things some.

Think I’ll take the boy to Andertons this weekend to try it out, he can ogle the guitars and drum kits whilst we’re there.

Then I can decide if I need to go slinking back to Sibob, cap in hand, to apologise profusely. 😃

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

buy it and post a video review, save me doing a dodgy one, what wi my playing n'all.....

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/ehx-bass-mono-synth.1383809/

Everything you wanted to know about the pedal you're about to buy without actually buying it.

But tell you what - your own 30 mins experience with the pedal will likely be as valuable to you as that entire thread! :) 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Confused 1

12 minutes ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

cheers al, can I call you al, you can call meeee al......back on track.....when did we decide to have so much choice...be confused dot com.....sorry, i'm drunk....

Yup, you're welcome to call me Al any time, any place any where...

• Thanks 1

on a more serious note, i've never tinkered with effects that much, mainly cos I'm a bit too lazy to start tinkering with parameters etc, much more of a plug n play man, which the market likes of course, this 80's scenario i'm currently immersed in has forced my hand, in a good way, into getting some of that sound....pedals tho are a minefield, boutique, shabby chic....where does it end....oh, i know, declared bankruptcy....

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, The GroovyPlucker said:

on a more serious note, i've never tinkered with effects that much, mainly cos I'm a bit too lazy to start tinkering with parameters etc, much more of a plug n play man, which the market likes of course, this 80's scenario i'm currently immersed in has forced my hand, in a good way, into getting some of that sound....pedals tho are a minefield, boutique, shabby chic....where does it end....oh, i know, declared bankruptcy....

Hah! It's a rabbit hole I started down a couple of years back. 

It's a lot of fun.

There'll be plenty of BC'ers with a bunch of experience / wisdom / and occasional bull about most gear and a willingness to share.

This particular pedal you're getting is not massively expensive and you can return it. But on that subject...

My single biggest learning point over the last couple of years is that if you aim to buy at a sensible price used from a BC'er (and 99.9% of transactions seem to go well - you can check folk's feedback) and you look after the gear while you have it, then you can hold onto something for several months or longer and effectively enjoy 'free rental', particularly with pedals, if you decide to move them on.

Alternatively you can carry on doing what you've been doing and avoid rabbit holes and just concentrate on the important thing of making music! 😀

Edited by Al Krow

sure, it's like anything, learn from experience of using, as i have done with Basses n cabs down the years from this brilliant resource, I really only appear on here when I'm buying or selling, but have found every user, buyer, seller to be magnificent, it's so important to a geographically isolated Bass Player to be kept in the know, if I was on the Mainland as "we" call it I'd at least have a chance to try b4 buy, but over here there's nowt, also nowt apart from rock n feckin country, if the last audition doesn't come about the synth bass has to wait a while... back on track...I do like the look of ehx, they're obviously aiming for boutique on a budget, which is what i am, but they seem to reach some plaudits for it, time will tell, have 2 of their pedals coming my way, we'll see how this Rabbit Hole ends up....

• 3 weeks later...