Why become a member? ×

1967 Hofner 500/1 REDUCED! EUR 1150 / GBP 985 SOLD!
£1300

maut

GBP 985 / EUR 1150

A genuine German-built vintage Höfner, the pots are dated week 17 in 1967.

It has all the features that match the year 1967: Blade pickups, larger control panel, enclosed tuners, raised plastic logo on headstock. In 1968 they changed this back to a gold decal under clear finish.

Everything works fine, the electrics are good, no noisy pots or switches, the pickups are fine, they have a very healthy output. Usually I use flatwounds on Höfners, but I tried a set of original Höfner roundwound strings on this one. It sounds a bit more modern, but with the fat and woody thumb you expect from a 500/1. The sound is big and warm.

Many of the vintage Höfner basses need a neck reset, not this one. The neck itself and the joint between neck and body are fine and strong. The trussrod works as it should. The back of the neck is black, this is a bit unusual. I have only seen one other old 500/1 with a black neck. The body still has the mid 60´s one-piece back and the neck a small heel, this was changed during 1967 I think.

The perloid scratchplate and control panel have a nice dark aged tone. The finish has a few matte spots on the back and the sides and the typical cracks.

It comes with a new case.

I´m in Berlin, shipping is no problem.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

Edited by maut
lower price

I lowered the price a bit more. To be honest there´s not a lot of interest in this. I know the earlier models up to 66 with staple pickups are more sought after, as the looks are more like trhe McCartney bass.

But the sound characteristics of the 67 are not very different to the 63-66 ones. I have a 500/1 from 1965 and also had a 1964 one, to me they sound about the same. It´s just that the 67 with blade pickups has a little bit beefier output.

• 2 weeks later...