Why become a member? ×

Taurus Bass amps

fluffo

Hi. I've used Taurus amps and Cabs for the last three years. I find them to have a modern scooped sound with good strong bass and warmth. They do not have a sterile digital sound. 

The MLO eq section is my favourite eq I have ever used. If you crank up the bass or cut the mids the overall volume does not get louder or quieter, it remains at the same volume. This is very clever and really works. 

The overall quality is clean and clear with great punch. I get the impression that there is a little compression added to the sound of your bass. I don't mind this at it adds punch. 

I use a Qude 300 and TS112N cab in a church worship group and a unplugged / acoustic style band. 

What model are you thinking of buying as I have used a few other amps and cabs in my Taurus journey. 

On 23/01/2019 at 10:34, Lozz196 said:

Not used one but we played with a band whose bassist had a Taurus rig and it sounded great. Cabs were really lightweight as well.

My 1x12 cab is 17kg and is a one hand lift and the head fits in a gig bag with cables and band stuff. Add a bass and that's it for a gig or rehearsal. 

Perfect.