Why become a member? ×

Connecting MarkBass CMD102P combo to Trace Elliot cab?

transmission_bass

Apologies if this is a stupid question, but I'm wondering whether there's any reason I can't connect a MarkBass combo to a Trace Elliot 1 x 15 cab on the rare occasion I might need a bit more volume? Don't really fancy forking out another £400/£500 for one or two gigs a year where it might need it.

If anyone knows whether this will work (or whether I'll blow something up!) then your advice would be much appreciated!

Definitely make sure any extension cab is an 8ohm speaker. The amp head in the CMD102 is designed to run at 8ohms, or 4ohms
If you run it at any lower impedance, you run the risk of damaging the amp head. If in doubt - don't do it....

I had a CMD 102p myself - great amp that was. Really loud when run at 4 ohms, with 2 cabs.
I only sold mine, so that I could get separate units, and make an even more flexible rig, using various combinations (a couple of smaller speakers)
I still use a Markbass 1x12 cab and a Markbass 102 Traveller cab. The 102 traveller is incredibly compact and lightweight. Great sound too :)