Why become a member? ×

Saturdays gig - recorded using Soundcraft UI24

doc40hz

8 hours ago, bazzbass said:

so you only want fake glowing comments, not the truth? You should put THAT in the title.

Perhaps you could throw us a few crumbs from the rarified Nirvana you inhabit, just so us mortals know what to do and how to do it in future?

• Like 1

On 28/01/2019 at 14:56, bazzbass said:

it's good so the band can hear how they played. But who wants to hear a recording of a cover? I mean if I wanna hear those songs I'll go to the original artist.

Original bands recording their original songs makes sense, coverbands not so much imho ymmv

In my mind, the thread started with assessing the actual recording of the band, not how good they/the song is, purely a discussion about live recording setups. How you've managed to turn it into something overly negative is almost impressive*.

Si

*It's not

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 20:30, doc40hz said:

Quite pleased with how this turned out. We had a cancellation slot at the local venue on Saturday and I think we did quite well as we hadn't played together in over a month! Ralph nailed the solo and there were some heroic fills from Scotty on the drums. 

I can't take any credit for the recording, that was all down to Graeme on the keys who also is front of house sound. It was multitracked recorded using the most amazing piece of kit  - A Soundcraft UI24.

The UI24 allows you to multitrack record to USB drive and also allows for INDIVIDUAL monitor mixes which can be mixed using your mobile phone. Just log onto the UI24 WiFi and you have access to your own mixing desk. Outstanding and game changing. 

We used my Barefaced FR800 and LF1400 PA. I brought my BB2 as a backline for the guitarist but I really didnt need to.

The out front camera is a zoom Q8 which really doesnt like red light shining at it, hence the grainy quality. 

Our band is Danger Zone and we hardly get any gigs in our town and surrounding area. It's really quite annoying :( There are not many venues and same old bands keep doing the rounds. It seems to be about who you know. Same the world over, I guess. 

Anyhow, hope some of you enjoy it and can marvel at the tech side of things! I've gone in ear overnight thanks to the UI24. It really is amazing. 

The guitar tone is brilliant, and not a whammy bar in sight, nails the solo! Do you know what efx he uses? Drummer needs to run his Moongel under the tap :)