Why become a member? ×

Finished Pics! Andyjr1515 meets his Nemesis?

Andyjr1515

The body probably has one more coat of finish to do and the neck is having its finish applied to seal in the stains and make sure @fleabag doesn't end up with a very funny coloured fretting hand ;)

While that's going on, @fleabag and I have been agreeing the decals he wants on the headstock and I've started sorting the electrics.

Clearly, the first task is sorting out the pots and switches on the control plate:

_MG_8307.thumb.JPG.00189d10dbda85ec30a2f5ebf64de733.JPG

And I can't believe we'll get through without a torrent of suggestions, but we also have to talk about knobs.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Andyjr1515 said:

we also have to talk about knobs.

I've been waiting since puberty for someone to sit me down and have that particular chat with me.  I think we may have left it too late for me to benefit much from it.

Please, please, please tell me Fleabag wants purple knobs.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, SpondonBassed said:

I've been waiting since puberty for someone to sit me down and have that particular chat with me.  I think we may have left it too late for me to benefit much from it.

Please, please, please tell me Fleabag wants purple knobs.

Oh dear.  Here we go.

;)

• Like 1

IMHO, knobs should be gold to match the bridge - otherwise too much purple (cue response:  "There's no such thing as too much purple!" 😄)

PS At least it's good to see that the forum's 'morality-policing' software hasn't changed 'knob' to 'pink torpedo' like it used to!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, RichardH said:

All innuendo aside, I think if I were having wooden knobs, then the walnut would be my choice to contrast with the purpleheart. However, gold as per the bridge sounds good to me.

Hmmm...or how about walnut AND purple ? :)

• Like 1