Why become a member? ×

FS: Warmoth/Musikraft/Dimarzio Jazz Bass **SOLD**
£400

Beedster

Up for grabs is a rather nice Jazz bitsa, put together from very high quality parts. I've been playing it a lot since putting it together late last year, but having bought a nice old Fender last week, you know how it is :)

It's got a nice vintage feel. The neck is a stunning Musikraft (NYC), that's a little wider than a Jazz and a little thinner than a Precision. It is a stunning player, fast, comfortable, and feels like it's been played in for 40 years. With a little tweaking the action on this will go very low indeed. Body is an old Warmoth, lightly oiled and well used, feels very 1960's to me (it isn't, just feels like those old stripped 60's Fenders). There's some pen on the back (no idea why), I'm going to have a look at how that might come off other than using sandpaper but it doesn't worry me, in fact I quite like it. There's also a compartment for two 9v batteries should you want to use an active circuit. Bridge is vintage style, I think Fender RI, with the threaded/grooved saddles that allow a range of string positioning (which is probably why, having just looked at the photos, the string positioning over the PUPs looks a bit odd to my eye). Tuners are Hipshot. Body to neck fit is pretty much perfect - there's the tiniest bit of damage to the neck pocket wall on the treble side (see photo) - and the bass resonates very nicely. Vintage Dimarzio PAFs (I assume 1970's/early 1980's) are wired into a standard VVT circuit with series/parallel option (push/pull on front PUP tone control). You can have either pick-guard (I prefer the tort myself). It's pretty light-wight, especially for a Jazz, and feels very solid and, perhaps an odd word to use given it's a bitsa, authentic, probably a function of the nicely worn body, the beautifully made neck, and old PUPs. A steal at £400, but times are hard and bills need to be paid :(

Collection from Canterbury or I can courier at buyer's expense. 

Chris

AUT_8175.thumb.JPG.9053f22350597481669396885cfc7ead.JPGAUT_8169.thumb.JPG.b912c5838541b94e0c5eb85de4afea6a.JPGAUT_8173.thumb.JPG.f49f6137859e55a7c33208e99f017e6c.JPGAUT_8154.thumb.jpg.2955c2c313e91e45d0f8cbd7173d5726.jpgAUT_8157.thumb.jpg.66f41a4d9f6fc9bf3c780130b5be6c9c.jpg

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 7