Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

14 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

statement With due respect,  - I have to fess to temptation. I love it and that's a pretty big piece of gear. 

Are we doing that partial quote thing again.............

Influence and mimickery are 2 different things as a opinions based on knowledge vs assumptions or a collation of opinions

Look how popular your thread is  - sit back and relax. The pedal will be out soon and we'll all have plenty to say about it.

Think of this as an exercise is in when to post a thread - timing is everything :)

Edited by krispn
It's derigueur for this thread apparently

Just got the SA email with the NAMM release of the pedal - so it's the Spectrum octave/filter/noisy thing, with another pedal for Synth to come. Looks nice, obvs need the Neuro App to make it really versatile, but still - good work. Bob and Jesse are pretty darn clever.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Daz39 said:

Just got the SA email with the NAMM release of the pedal - so it's the Spectrum octave/filter/noisy thing, with another pedal for Synth to come. Looks nice, obvs need the Neuro App to make it really versatile, but still - good work. Bob and Jesse are pretty darn clever.

The Spectrum is the filter-focussed model, the Elevon the synth-focussed one. Both pedals are capable of exactly the same functions though. 

Just now, Quatschmacher said:

The Spectrum is the filter-focussed model, the Elevon the synth-focussed one. Both pedals are capable of exactly the same functions though. 

Yeah I know - Neuro App and all that; buy the Gemini and get the Mercury and the Vertigo etc. available to program...

But midi- and app-phones like me would want to judge it on features per box. The One Series do look nice though.

1 minute ago, Quatschmacher said:

a bit like their OD/Distortion pedals/ mod pedals. They are all capable of each others sounds, the only difference is what come pre programmed on the switches for those ppl who dont use neuro.

1 minute ago, GisserD said:

a bit like their OD/Distortion pedals/ mod pedals. They are all capable of each others sounds, the only difference is what come pre programmed on the switches for those ppl who dont use neuro.

Given all the functionality available, it looks like using Neuro is a must (or buy both pedals). Even then, judging by the block diagram, there are way more parameters than can be controlled by four knobs and a switch per pedal. I’m guessing they’ll do a “page” kind of thing with a long press of the stomp switch (like the preset mode on the aftershock).

• 5 months later...

This has gone quiet!

The C4 is due to be released next week, apparently!  Sound samples sound pretty epic, apparently tracks better than the FI and has a neat editing platform.  Looks good?

39 minutes ago, Kev said:

This has gone quiet!

The C4 is due to be released next week, apparently!  Sound samples sound pretty epic, apparently tracks better than the FI and has a neat editing platform.  Looks good?

I’d hold off making direct comparisons to the FI tracking until we can have them side-by-side. The couple of people who drew this comparison were basing it off having owned the FI a while back (before the recent update with improved tracking).

I’ll be getting a C4 as soon as it’s available. I’m waiting for my supplier to get back to me with a date. 

18 minutes ago, Kev said:

Yup, Bass Direct have said they will be stocking it same price.

We’re now at a point where it costs more in pounds than it does in dollars.  So depressing 🙁

Yup bad news for us UK bassists!

But great news for American, Japanese and European tourists and the UK tourist industry :) 

2 hours ago, Daz39 said:

Yeah coz they're all here to buy YYZ pedals!! /snark

They'd be better off buying ACG, Ashdown, Barefaced, Chowny, Laney, Marshall or Shuker (which other Brit brands am I missing?) if they had any sense! 

Edited by Al Krow