Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

1 hour ago, Kev said:

No, you need to use the toggle switch as well, with the footswitch being held to change between banks,  but i think the point we’re both making is that midi is not necessary to use the Pedal successfully, which you implied. Bearing in mind I have one, have already set it up with a few less crazy sounds and am happy I could use it at my next gig if I wanted 🙂

Ok cool. Is the toggle switch the little switch between the four knobs?

If so, that's going to be a "stop playing and tweak" thing mid set, but no worse (or better) than the Boss SY-1 methinks, for live use. 

Personally, I'd much prefer to use midi to get the most out of this pedal eg so I could easily scroll through with just a footswitch, and then the benefit of presets over the SY-1 would come into its own, particularly for live use. 

Edited by Al Krow

It's better than the Boss as in the toggle switch gives you an entire preset including knob positions, whereas the Boss looks like it just has a 'mode' switch without presets (not sure, I've not read up on it)? It's not too much hassle for most people to just flick one switch before a song. MIDI's not for everyone, it's a balance between how many presets you need, how badly you need those on a footswitch, and your willingness to sacrifice £ and board space and deal with additional complexity.

Edited by dannybuoy

Ironically ; the perfect layout would be the Pro pedals they used to do with 6 presets in 3 switches. Even the series 2? had 4 presets in 2 switches. But then they had a lot of dials for tweaking and they're an odd size.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Krow said:

Ok cool. Is the toggle switch the little switch between the four knobs?

If so, that's going to be a "stop playing and tweak" thing mid set, but no worse (or better) than the Boss SY-1 methinks, for live use. 

Personally, I'd much prefer to use midi to get the most out of this pedal eg so I could easily scroll through with just a footswitch, and then the benefit of presets over the SY-1 would come into its own, particularly for live use. 

I give up 😂

1 hour ago, Daz39 said:

Ironically ; the perfect layout would be the Pro pedals they used to do with 6 presets in 3 switches. Even the series 2? had 4 presets in 2 switches. But then they had a lot of dials for tweaking and they're an odd size.

The SB2 series had two hardware presets, one on the left side, one on the right. So not much difference here if one uses the footswitch to toggle banks. The main advantage of the SB2 lies in its having all parameters accessible from the front panel.

I agree that the Pro series switches was a good setup. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Do you currently integrate and use midi with your existing midi capable pedals? 

for those that are not aware, i believe it's NOT currently possible to use the C4 with Scenes on the hub.

the hub needs an update for this to work, and it appears to be months away.

Edited by GisserD

2 minutes ago, GisserD said:

for those that are not aware, i believe it's NOT currently possible to use the C4 with Scenes on the hub.

the hub needs an update for this to work, and it appears to be months away.

That is true. 

You can still send midi cc via the hub to change presets though (I can’t remember off the top of my head which number though) as there are 128 ONBOARD presets. 

1 hour ago, knicknack said:

Anybody who's had a Future Impact got one of these yet? Very interested in the comparison!

Yes. I have both. Both are staying. I’m pretty busy at the moment but will try and write a comparison sometime next week.

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, GisserD said:

I've had mine for 2 weeks now. Still haven't played it :(

I have the same block when it comes to needing to learn to use yet another PC editor and/or "neuro-app". Just a psychological hurdle to jump, I guess. Is that just me being "neuro-tic"?

I appreciate this is all much less of an issue for you youngsters who have no trouble mastering this stuff in a Fortnite! :)

Edited by Al Krow
  • Haha 1

On 18/07/2019 at 12:07, Daz39 said:

I loved the format on those. I still have the BEF and owned the BEF Pro and Multiwave distortion Pro. They were big, but super easy to set and enough presets easily accessible. The One series is great but for people like me who don't love scrolling through menus (that's the reason I ditched the otherwise awesome Zoom MS60-B)  and like to easily tweak presets during live practices, that's not so great. However, the C4 is finally making me feel that it may be worth investing the time in getting familiar with the whole midi/neuro hub thing. 

I've been holding on to an EHX Bass Microsynth which has a pretty good array of cool noises that I can (by now, but it took me a while to get there) access/set quickly by tweaking knobs between songs, but the C4 is in another planet entirely.