Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

Insane. 

Hopefully I’ll swing by Bass Direct before the end of the week to get my mitts on one.  Possibilities seem endless...

Question, though; how does one use the mobile editor if ones phone has no headphone jack?

3 minutes ago, Kev said:

Insane. 

Hopefully I’ll swing by Bass Direct before the end of the week to get my mitts on one.  Possibilities seem endless...

Question, though; how does one use the mobile editor if ones phone has no headphone jack?

ditch the iphone and get an android

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, GisserD said:

ditch the iphone and get an android

😂😂  I’d rather go without!

ill rephrase, how do you use it for any phone without a headphone jack? Not possible or??

9 minutes ago, dannybuoy said:

I don’t have much use for a synth pedal, but the fact this is supposed to replace the Manta and cop a whole bunch of different envelope filter tones, plus cop an OC-2 has me interested.

I thought you'd already got rid of your Manta a couple of years' back (to me)? 😁 

Are you currently using midi on your pedal board?

MIDI? Nope, I’ve no desire to go down that path!

I didn’t gel that well with the Manta, but I wouldn’t mind a more compact version with more filter models, features and a realistic Mutron III and OC-2 model on board for instance.

I didn’t even realise this pedal was out, their site says it’s still in development! Whatever happened to the Spectrum filter then, I would have expected to see that out too as I thought it was a cut down version of the C4.

Edited by dannybuoy

C4 and Spectrum are pretty much the same pedal (same core engine). 

If you're not into midi, the C4 (or Spectrum variant) won't be for you, certainly not for live use anyway. 

Edited by Al Krow

3 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

C4 and Spectrum are pretty much the same pedal (same core engine). 

If you're not into midi, the C4 (or Spectrum variant) won't be for you, certainly not for live use anyway. 

Not sure I’ll use more than 6 presets in a single set to be honest!

Although, midi would be easier!

Edited by Kev

5 minutes ago, Kev said:

Not sure I’ll use more than 6 presets in a single set to be honest!

And how do you propose to access even the 6 presets mid set as you're changing between songs? There is no ability to scroll through presets using the Stomp button. 

Yup... you'll need midi. 

Edited by Al Krow

If I needed more than 6 presets and I was playing live (which I no longer am), then if course I'd go down the MIDI route. Until then I'll just use the toggle switch and footswitch to access the 6 presets directly, or use the app if messing about at home or in the studio.

On ‎16‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 20:06, Quatschmacher said:

So looking forward to getting mine. Hopefully it’ll arrive next week. 

He does make some awesome noises - probably why SA hired him (he's also a whizz with the midi and editing lark and is very helpful (as all SA people are) if you have a query on TalkBass (boo, hiss!).

It does look like a very fancy noise machine. I could cope with editing on the phone - not sure I have time and patience for setting up midi scenes and all that hub lark.

3 hours ago, dannybuoy said:

If I needed more than 6 presets and I was playing live (which I no longer am), then if course I'd go down the MIDI route. Until then I'll just use the toggle switch and footswitch to access the 6 presets directly, or use the app if messing about at home or in the studio.

Not sure you can access even six with the Stomp button. 

But if you're only using for home use and not for live this is a non point. You can take your time and use a phone app to access. 

14 minutes ago, Al Krow said:

Not sure you can access even six with the Stomp button. 

But if you're only using for home use and not for live this is a non point. You can take your time and use a phone app to access. 

No, you need to use the toggle switch as well, with the footswitch being held to change between banks,  but i think the point we’re both making is that midi is not necessary to use the Pedal successfully, which you implied. Bearing in mind I have one, have already set it up with a few less crazy sounds and am happy I could use it at my next gig if I wanted 🙂

• Like 2