Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

Well, managed to get my hands on one of these beauts as B stock. Wow. What. A. Pedal.

That's all I came here to say.

Edit: I can't remember the last time I bought a pedal and daydreamed about playing it the entire day after I'd played it. I'm GAS-ing about a pedal I own. I got it with the delicious synthy swells in mind, but have been dreaming about the moog-y, 80's quick classic synth bass vibes. 

Edited by Savethedaves
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Mine finally arrived after a month of waiting - very happy with this little monster - the tracking is insanely good - actually better and more expressive than any MIDI solution I’ve tried so far - and while I LOVE the Meris Enzo - the tracking on the C4 is really stunning - with the added bonus of stupendous sounds too 😎

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, urb said:

Mine finally arrived after a month of waiting - very happy with this little monster - the tracking is insanely good - actually better and more expressive than any MIDI solution I’ve tried so far - and while I LOVE the Meris Enzo - the tracking on the C4 is really stunning - with the added bonus of stupendous sounds too 😎

Get signed up to the Neuro preset sharing platform and get some sweet sounds downloaded. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jonathan Bee said:

Hi guys 🙂 what are the octave down capabilities like compared to solo'ed OC2 etc and the envelope filter capabilities compared to the Manta? I'm very near to getting one from Santa! (as in not quite decided yet)

Many thanks,

JB

It does all the Manta does and way more. It’s actually better for synth than the Manta as you don’t have to fudge the envelope down shape like you do on the Manta (it always comes back upwards so you need to cut off notes before that happens). It’s not as immediate as regards knob control for setting filter types. You could map envelope speed to one of the control knobs and cutoff to the other, but that still doesn’t sort out depth. Most likely you’ll program with the PC or phone though so not so drastic. Not as good as having hardware buttons though (at least the way I like it).

The octaver is pretty good but not quite as full-sounding as an analogue one. Tracking is spot on though.

By the way, I sold my Manta when I got this and I loved my Manta. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, Jonathan Bee said:

I'll give myself a slight Chinese burn if there are black Friday deals on the C4! 🙂

Somehow I doubt you’ll find one in the ‘sale’ bedlam out there - unless you happen to have a discount code 😀 - enjoy! 

• Thanks 1

Fellow C4 owners - I'm having an issue with using an expression pedal - I have a Source Audio one in case you're wondering - bascially once I assign a control to the pedal the dial jumps from min to max and doesn't move smoothly... I've tried callibrating it in the settings but had no joy so far... any tips on how to do this properly would be appreciated - thanks :)

1 hour ago, urb said:

Fellow C4 owners - I'm having an issue with using an expression pedal - I have a Source Audio one in case you're wondering - bascially once I assign a control to the pedal the dial jumps from min to max and doesn't move smoothly... I've tried callibrating it in the settings but had no joy so far... any tips on how to do this properly would be appreciated - thanks :)

Have you got source set to “external expression”? Have you set the mini

minimum and maximum percentages in the editor?

Is there a trimpot on the expression pedal and is it set fully open to give maximum range?

8 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have you got source set to “external expression”? Have you set the mini

minimum and maximum percentages in the editor?

Is there a trimpot on the expression pedal and is it set fully open to give maximum range?

There is a trim pot - I’ll have a bit more of a fiddle with that and see if it changes how it behaves - the exp pedal works fine on my filter pedal so I know that it’s working - and yes it’s definitely set to external expression. I’ve also tried changing the min-max values in the editor - I’ll do some further investigation soon.... what puzzled me most was the calibration didn’t seem to work - I use an exp pedal with my Softstep 2 controller and calibrating that is fine... any other thoughts are most welcome 

8 minutes ago, urb said:

There is a trim pot - I’ll have a bit more of a fiddle with that and see if it changes how it behaves - the exp pedal works fine on my filter pedal so I know that it’s working - and yes it’s definitely set to external expression. I’ve also tried changing the min-max values in the editor - I’ll do some further investigation soon.... what puzzled me most was the calibration didn’t seem to work - I use an exp pedal with my Softstep 2 controller and calibrating that is fine... any other thoughts are most welcome 

You didn’t answer @GisserD‘s question - are you plugging straight into the C4 using a  Source Audio 3.5mm TRRS cable or are you using a standard 6.3mm TRS cable into a Hub first?

If you’ve simply stuck a stereo 6.3mm-to-3.5mm adaptor on the end of your cable then it won’t work as the rings and sleeves won’t match the contacts. You might be able to fudge it by pulling the cable out slightly. 

13 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

You didn’t answer @GisserD‘s question - are you plugging straight into the C4 using a  Source Audio 3.5mm TRRS cable or are you using a standard 6.3mm TRS cable into a Hub first?

If you’ve simply stuck a stereo 6.3mm-to-3.5mm adaptor on the end of your cable then it won’t work as the rings and sleeves won’t match the contacts. You might be able to fudge it by pulling the cable out slightly. 

Oh, that's probably why - I have an adapter - where can I get a Source Audio 3.5mm TRRS cable?

3 minutes ago, GisserD said:

i assume you have the SA dual expression?

if so just use any standard TRRS cable?

It came with its own TRRS cable - I have an adapter for from 6.3 to 3.5mm cable which I use for my Keith McMillen Softstep 2 - that has always worked fine when I've used it for operating a 'virtual' Whammy pedal in Guitar Rig 5 - which is why I'm wondering why the C4 is having an issue with it... as I said previously I probably just need to get stuck in and see if it's a setting in the editor that can sort this

Edited by urb

16 minutes ago, urb said:

It came with its own TRRS cable - I have an adapter for from 6.3 to 3.5mm cable which I use for my Keith McMillen Softstep 2 - that has always worked fine when I've used it for operating a 'virtual' Whammy pedal in Guitar Rig 5 - which is why I'm wondering why the C4 is having an issue with it... as I said previously I probably just need to get stuck in and see if it's a setting in the editor that can sort this

Is the adapter TRRS or TRS?

You can get the Source Audio 3.5mm TRRS cables from them. Just email them. 

10 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Is the adapter TRRS or TRS?

You can get the Source Audio 3.5mm TRRS cables from them. Just email them. 

Great thanks - will do - I honestly don't know if the cable is TRRS or TRS - it came with the SA Dual Expression pedal so I would assume so - will check