Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

The C4 wasn’t previously controllable via a USB connection on a phone - it only had 1-way audio connection via the input 2 jack. It now has the same functionality as EQ2 and UltraWave in that you can plug a usb cable into the pedal and your phone and have all changes be read from the pedal - move a knob on the pedal and it is updated in real time on the app on the phone. You can also read what presets are on your pedal from the phone. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

9 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

The C4 wasn’t previously controllable via a USB connection on a phone - it only had 1-way audio connection via the input 2 jack. It now has the same functionality as EQ2 and UltraWave in that you can plug a usb cable into the pedal and your phone and have all changes be read from the pedal - move a knob on the pedal and it is updated in real time on the app on the phone. You can also read what presets are on your pedal from the phone. 

I guess you need a FireWire to micro usb adaptor for iPhones. Assuming there’s such a thing. 

edit: £3.99 on eBay 👍🏻

Edited by bassfan

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Source-Audio-Neuro-Hub-Effects-Controller/1KKV?origin=product-ads&gclid=CjwKCAjw3cSSBhBGEiwAVII0ZyhM6HIrXg9jk0pdLh3S0J5JetFRTWLQT6pR_Qh2qPHJ8eIY2RFPahoC_w4QAvD_BwE

or if you’re ONLY going to connect a C4 from the source audio range, a DMC MIDI ghost box would do… there was one for sale on here a while back. 

caveat with the dmc - if you add other SA pedals later you WILL need a Hub

Edited by moley6knipe

46 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

https://www.gear4music.com/Guitar-and-Bass/Source-Audio-Neuro-Hub-Effects-Controller/1KKV?origin=product-ads&gclid=CjwKCAjw3cSSBhBGEiwAVII0ZyhM6HIrXg9jk0pdLh3S0J5JetFRTWLQT6pR_Qh2qPHJ8eIY2RFPahoC_w4QAvD_BwE

or if you’re ONLY going to connect a C4 from the source audio range, a DMC MIDI ghost box would do… there was one for sale on here a while back. 

caveat with the dmc - if you add other SA pedals later you WILL need a Hub

Thanks for that - I've got a HX Stomp too, so the Neuro Hub might be handy.

OTOH, the DMC might be viable.

👍

I love the SA stuff, have three pedals including the C4. Hub defo worthwhile long term but I begrudged the extra spend when I only had the C4!

The nice thing about C4 and hub is you can choose to use hub for scene storage and send PC to recall presets or you can send CC to recall directly from the C4 (which is what I do)

Edited by moley6knipe

On 08/04/2022 at 15:12, Quatschmacher said:

Latest Neuro app update adds 2-way USB control for the C4.

Think I may be missing something here... I've got my standard USB cable that connects the C4 to my pc, and that's connected to my phone by the standard USB to USB C adapter that came with the phone, but the two aren't talking 🤔

any ideas?

6 minutes ago, thisisswanbon said:

Think I may be missing something here... I've got my standard USB cable that connects the C4 to my pc, and that's connected to my phone by the standard USB to USB C adapter that came with the phone, but the two aren't talking 🤔

any ideas?

Have you updated the C4 firmware to the layaway version? Absolutely essential. 

On 09/04/2022 at 10:53, prowla said:

Thanks for that - I've got a HX Stomp too, so the Neuro Hub might be handy.

OTOH, the DMC might be viable.

👍

Neuro Hub arrived today - will hopefully have a play over the Bank Holiday weekend.

15 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

Have you updated the C4 firmware to the layaway version? Absolutely essential. 

...and will do various updates too!

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

1.20 is the latest C4 firmware. You’ll need to download the latest version of the desktop editor and it’s included in that. 

Awesome, that did the trick! Massive thanks for that, I'd assumed neuro desktop would notify me when there was an update available!

This is much more practical than the 1 way communication of the headphone jack, although it's a shame the neuro app doesn't tell you which preset you're editing, that would've been even better.

2 minutes ago, thisisswanbon said:

although it's a shame the neuro app doesn't tell you which preset you're editing, that would've been even better.

You can navigate to the preset you want in the app (so can see its name) before you start editing (under burn or browse (can’t remember off the top of my head).

Well, I finally set aside some quality time with the C4/MC6/Neuro Hub and it's just about working.

The components are now on the current firmware and I have the MC6 doing program up/down on the C4.

I had to add a MIDI map config on the C4 to receive program up/down (I chose 88 & 89) and then assign them to button presses on the MC6.

The real benefit will be when I program specific patch numbers for songs/sounds on the C4 into the MC6.

One thing I did find is that the multi-pedal setup doesn't like a PC plugged in and has interference and weirdness going on; probably due to an earth loop.

The interference is usual when USB’d to a pc with peripherals hanging off it. If you’re on a laptop, unplugging any monitor connections normally makes it go away. I connect my MC and C4 concurrently with their own usb cables direct to the laptop - usb hubs can cause issues with comms.

Suggest heading to the Morningstar forums if you haven’t already!

• 2 months later...

Hi guys! I'm trying to program an Ampero Control to work with the C4. This has to be done manually because it doesn't recognize SA's C4 as one of the already made templates. I need to be able to take advantage of the 4 switches of the controller, by browsing (increments and decrements) the 128 presets on the C4, tap-tempo for the LFO's, etc.

Can anyone help me do this? it's been a while since my MIDI days, and this is kind of confusing. Thank you in advance!