Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

Aye. There’s much about the editor that could be improved. The save as dialogue needs to be bigger by default; once you’ve typed something into search being able to press enter to execute rather than having to click a button etc. But it’s not SA’s core field of expertise so I guess it is what it is. Luckily, programming the sounds themselves is pretty easy.

One hint - when you’re tweaking sounds, get a cheapie looper to sit in front of the C4 so you keep your hands on the mouse! The lekato that’s like £30 on eBay works for me for this!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

Is there an easy way to move around preset numbers on the Neuro Editor? The only way I seem to be able to do it is open then and save into a different number then erase the original.

1 hour ago, moley6knipe said:

That’s the method unfortunately 

1 hour ago, stewblack said:

This is a bit of a pain. Drag and drop would be a major step forward with the preset which is being replaced moving whence it's replacement came.

Yep. Although Jesse was fairly receptive to my suggestion of adding drag-and-drop to their editor, but he’s a very busy guy and there are other, more pressing concerns. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone had any issues with unwanted phase on own made patches? I've made a dizzee rascal bonkers style saw wave sound, and there's this slow phase that brings the treble in and out... It's very noticeable when playing through headphones. Can't see ANY phase settings on the go, any ideas?

3 hours ago, thisisswanbon said:

Anyone had any issues with unwanted phase on own made patches? I've made a dizzee rascal bonkers style saw wave sound, and there's this slow phase that brings the treble in and out... It's very noticeable when playing through headphones. Can't see ANY phase settings on the go, any ideas?

There is a channel 2 phase offset on the LFO. Have you got two saw waves slightly detuned? That will cause phasing. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thisisswanbon said:

I've got 2 x Sine waves with one slightly detuned...  Do you think that's it?

image.thumb.png.e951f61d3903b8664e362fd8a8d41599.png

Possibly. Try removing the detuning and see if the phasing stops. It’s normally more apparent in waves with more harmonic content but pretty sure two sine waves will do it too. Actually, there’s tuning variation across a couple of your waves so you will get some phase cancellation. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Like 1

On 09/07/2021 at 00:24, Quatschmacher said:

Possibly. Try removing the detuning and see if the phasing stops. It’s normally more apparent in waves with more harmonic content but pretty sure two sine waves will do it too. Actually, there’s tuning variation across a couple of your waves so you will get some phase cancellation. 

This worked an absolute treat! In honesty it's not a massive miss to the patch either. Thanks, Quatschmacher!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, thisisswanbon said:

This worked an absolute treat! In honesty it's not a massive miss to the patch either. Thanks, Quatschmacher!

No worries. Another way around it is, if you have both oscillators in the same octave and slightly detuned, then set the volume of one of them lower than the other as this will keep the nice thickness from the detuning without causing complete cancellation when the waves are 180° out of phase.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, prowla said:

I've only had a brief go on the C4, but it's looking good.

It's replaced Octave up and down pedals, so that'll be my 1st focus.

8oZObHi.jpg

(The right-hand three pedals were all previously @SumOne's 🙂 )

Nice board! Have you posted it on the ‘show us your pedalboard’ thread? Interested to know how you patch it and use loops… 

19 minutes ago, carlitos71 said:

Nice board! Have you posted it on the ‘show us your pedalboard’ thread? Interested to know how you patch it and use loops… 

Cheers!

My loop switcher is a dumb one, in that you press a button and its loop (the in & out directly above it) is enabled, ie. it's not an intelligent one with software configs; that's what I wanted for this setup.

Yes, I've detailed it in the pedalboards thread! 🙂

Edited by prowla
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hey you clever people. Any way of producing an octave down voice like sound for the intro to Uptown Funk?

I'm very much a learner still but am finding my way around the software on this pedal.

Not expecting it to actually go Do do, do do do, but anything close to a voice would be fun

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Hey you clever people. Any way of producing an octave down voice like sound for the intro to Uptown Funk?

I'm very much a learner still but am finding my way around the software on this pedal.

Not expecting it to actually go Do do, do do do, but anything close to a voice would be fun

The dual peak filters work for this kind of thing or route two single-peak filters in parallel (1 per processor). 

• Like 1

Just got my hands on one of these from a mate and looking forward to trawling the user patches for some 80’s flavoured sounds. Not sure that I’ll need that much as there’s a keys player but it should be fun to bust out a few ‘unexpected’ tones from the bass amp on the unsuspecting band😀

Edited by krispn
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Having recently picked up a C4 I am loving it. I have a couple of questions though, if anyone can answer it:

if I plug the supplied cable from port 2 on c4 into my iPad, it can burn into a preset but I can’t see any names saved onto the app/preset, is that because it needs to be into a FireWire adapter not just into the headphone socket? I’m guessing it is… 

I can see them on the px editor though so that’s good. 

Ive also got a library of sounds saved on the app, when I log in on my account on pc they aren’t there 🤷🏻‍♂️

no question is a stupid question right? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by bassfan

8 minutes ago, bassfan said:

Having recently picked up a C4 I am loving it. I have a couple of questions though, if anyone can answer it:

if I plug the supplied cable from port 2 on c4 into my iPad, it can burn into a preset but I can’t see any names saved onto the app/preset, is that because it needs to be into a FireWire adapter not just into the headphone socket? I’m guessing it is… 

I can see them on the px editor though so that’s good. 

Ive also got a library of sounds saved on the app, when I log in on my account on pc they aren’t there 🤷🏻‍♂️

no question is a stupid question right? 😂🤦🏻‍♂️

That cable is 1-way communication only, sadly, so names won’t be visible in the app. 

From their EQ2 onwards, 2-way communication via usb is supported in the mobile app, which will be standard in all future releases. 

24 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

That cable is 1-way communication only, sadly, so names won’t be visible in the app. 

From their EQ2 onwards, 2-way communication via usb is supported in the mobile app, which will be standard in all future releases. 

It’s not a huge issue but that clarifies things. I don’t need to buy a FireWire adaptor! 👍🏻

I’ll know what each song will be on the presets. 👍🏻