Why become a member? ×

Source Audio C4 Synth Pedal

GisserD

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

Yeah I don't blame you for waiting. Something else I've found is that the scrolling through the named presets automatically turns the C4 on which might not always be ideal (but can be turned off if holding the left button down before scrolling through in the device number Preset menu). There's probably a solution buried in youtube videos/manuals/menus somewhere but my patience and motivation is wearing thin!

It's these sort of hassles that a few month ago would have me returning these pedals (I had already owned a C4 and returned it). I think (hope) it'll be worth it in the end though, the C4 does make some excellent sounds and it's worth having an additional controller to access them. 

If you are recalling presets using PC messages over the C4’s USB port then the preset will be loaded in the state stored in the preset. If you want them to load in the bypass state, you’ll need to edit each preset and change the “engage/bypass state upon load” function and resave them. 

58 minutes ago, moley6knipe said:

you can’t change presets on a C4 using Program Change MIDI messages

That’s not true - if you’re using MIDI over USB then you can send PC messages to the C4 via its USB port to directly access its internal presets. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Quatschmacher said:

No, just old and evidently of poor memory; we’ve already had this conversation. 😉

I don't recall having it on this thread...but as you say I'm old and of poor memory 😂

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

Make sure you update its firmware to 1.20 to get the best from the UW. 

I did that. Got all pedals hooked up and accessed all bar one on the neuro editor. 

Now need to suss how to use my midi pedal to scroll the scenes 

3 minutes ago, stewblack said:

I did that. Got all pedals hooked up and accessed all bar one on the neuro editor. 

Now need to suss how to use my midi pedal to scroll the scenes 

That’s pretty straightforward. Just send PC messages to the hub once you’ve saved some scenes to the hub. Just remember that the Hub goes 1-128 so if your controller has a display offset option, you should engage that. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Quatschmacher said:

That’s pretty straightforward. Just send PC messages to the hub once you’ve saved some scenes to the hub. Just remember that the Hub goes 1-128 so if your controller has a display offset option, you should engage that. 

Unfortunately I don't understand how to do these things. I believe I understand what you mean, but I need to research the midi controller. 

25 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Unfortunately I don't understand how to do these things. I believe I understand what you mean, but I need to research the midi controller. 

MIDI parameters go from 0-127 (including PC messages). Having a preset 0 is a bit weird so several companies lost their presets as going from 1-128 (though in the background they still are still responding  to 0-127 so will be off by 1). For these reason, some controllers offer the option to offset the display by 1 to match. What controller are you using? DMC micro?

1 hour ago, SumOne said:

Source Audio Multi FX would be a winner: Aftershock + Gemini + C4 + EQ + Collider + Ultrawave + interface like Helix Effects = take my money! 

Sounds amazing! How ridiculously expensive would that be😂 it's not their business model though, I love the seperate multi effect thing that they do.

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

MIDI parameters go from 0-127 (including PC messages). Having a preset 0 is a bit weird so several companies lost their presets as going from 1-128 (though in the background they still are still responding  to 0-127 so will be off by 1). For these reason, some controllers offer the option to offset the display by 1 to match. What controller are you using? DMC micro?

Gecko Mkiii by One Control. The manual is brief and not easy for me and the only video tutorial I found is in German!

Meon Deutsch ist nicht so gut unfortunately. 

I will get there, but I won't rush it. 

Ultimately I want to use it to control both the TCE Plethora and the neuro hub - but that's way down the line. 

27 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Gecko Mkiii by One Control. The manual is brief and not easy for me and the only video tutorial I found is in German!

Meon Deutsch ist nicht so gut unfortunately. 

I will get there, but I won't rush it. 

Ultimately I want to use it to control both the TCE Plethora and the neuro hub - but that's way down the line. 

Send me a link to the video - I’m fluent so could see if they mention it. Also, there may be captions if you turn them on. 

Edited by Quatschmacher
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, stewblack said:

Already figured it was that one and watched it. Seems he hasn’t worked out if there’s an offset - at the end of the video with the looper he mentions it as a problem and asks if anyone has a solution.

I’ve looked at the manual and there isn’t anything to suggest that this option is present. Could be worth emailing to ask if they can add it as a firmware update.

Edited by Quatschmacher

15 minutes ago, SumOne said:

Is there an easy way to move around preset numbers on the Neuro Editor? The only way I seem to be able to do it is open then and save into a different number then erase the original.

This is a bit of a pain. Drag and drop would be a major step forward with the preset which is being replaced moving whence it's replacement came.

• Like 1