Why become a member? ×

FS: Ampeg PF-50T **SOLD**
£450

Beedster

Time to offload some stuff that's not really necessary (although highly desirable!). This had had relatively little action and is in 100% as new condition. Tubes are fine, everything is as it should be, with the exception of a little dust that perhaps suggests how little use it's had! It sounds bloody marvellous!

I have all the original packaging and paperwork, so can safely courier it (will split costs with buyer), or you can collect from Canterbury Kent. 

IMG_8409.thumb.JPG.a6af140e3e3c01cfb250f1c3c9f376f3.JPGIMG_8410.thumb.JPG.47789bad71e4086a33c5246b1734f98b.JPGIMG_8413.thumb.JPG.89c164d103ea1a63d1187e2c1e58dba0.JPGIMG_8414.thumb.JPG.6dec0ab3ed28e68e4df444cf41f3c559.JPG

Edited by Beedster
  • Like 2

Re volume, yes, this is a gig-able unit, and a very nice sounding one at that. It's not going to provide the same earth shattering lows or trouser flapping effects as a 300w SVT, but I've used it comfortably with a Mesa 2x10 with a loud drummer (and even more than comfortably with two Mesa 2x10s with the same loud drummer), and have even gigged the 20w version of this a few times quite happily in quite a decent sized room.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2019 at 23:32, drewk_ie said:

I keep coming back to look at this! Note to self: ‘don’t need another amp’ ..  but it looks sooo good! 

Ha ha, thanks mate, I keep doing the opposite to be honest, i.e., keep telling myself I do need it, but there are a few too many tube heads round here as it is :)

I’d say that this would be superb for those great mid sized gigs where it’s all about the clarity of sound, I’m thinking Americana/ Bluegrass shows... if my bass sells and this is still here (highly doubtful), I’ll be in touch...

1 hour ago, drewk_ie said:

I’d say that this would be superb for those great mid sized gigs where it’s all about the clarity of sound, I’m thinking Americana/ Bluegrass shows... if my bass sells and this is still here (highly doubtful), I’ll be in touch...

Spot on mate. I'm currently playing with a very loud drummer, and I thought I'd use the Mesa Walkabout rather than this. It turns out that there is not a whole lot of difference, at least not as much as I'd expected, so have opted for a Mesa Prodigy, which is a monster of a unit. So I have too many amps! This Ampeg is not a monster, but it's tonally perfect; there is a simplicity and no-nonsense vibe about it that I much prefer over my bigger amps. There's part of me that thinks I should sell the Walkabout and keep this, which I have to admit I more leaning towards as time goes on. The advantage with the Walkabout is a more versatile tone circuit, but hey, I play passive Precisions with flatwounds, there's not a whole lot of places to go tone-wise :)

• Like 1

On 27 January 2019 at 08:24, bassace said:

Have you tried this with DB?

I've used the recent B-15 reissue - essentially the same head as this albeit rated a little lower watts-wise - with DB and it sounded fantastic. I posted about it somewhere on the site, I'll see if I can find it. Either way, the combination of that lovely tubey bounce and the natural dynamics of the DB was pretty special. 

Edited by MB1
Reopened topic

I decided not to sell this about two months ago, but having realised yesterday that in those two months it's sat in its box unplayed, I guess that once again I have one amp too many. As per the above, I have all the original packaging so I'm very happy for either collection or courier. 

This is a sublime sounding amp, and with a decent cab (or cabs), can be gigged comfortably. It's not an SVT for sure, but isn't far off the V4-B in many respects.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...
On 25/03/2019 at 10:00, silverfoxnik said:

^^

Mrs Beedster has some support... 😊

Thanks Nik. Indeed she has, and from me as well!

I took a decision a while back, following some reading and thinking around many things to do with time of life, the environment, and mental health, that my collection of amps and instruments was problematic from all three perspectives! So, the aim for this year is to have one bass (which is now the case, my beautiful Wal-esque Precision fretless), and one rig. In that context, it's either this or my last Walkabout that's going, and I find it really hard to make the choice. This is SO glorious sounding, and se per the above, even when switched off still makes us smile. But I still think the Walkabout is the better all round amp.

There's a big voice in my head shouting "sell the Walkabout" though :)

Edited by Beedster

On 31/03/2019 at 03:51, Oldman said:

Y’know, you should keep em both.  I’ve ownd a PF 50T, gigged once, switched on and ogled at many times... its a luxury I wish I could afford again... GLWTS

Mate, I know, I know, they're both wonderful amps, and compared to the majority of the competition, both a little magical. But I'm really trying to stick to stuff I use rather than stuff I like to have, the former being a much shorter (and cheaper) list! 

Edited by Beedster