Why become a member? ×

Biggest Gig To Date

Mykesbass

1 minute ago, bassbiscuits said:

I was depping on bass for a blues guitarist called Aynsley Lister. 

Nice! I'm an Aynsley fan. I've been to a few of his guitar weekends and worked with his usual bass player,  @Steve Amadeo, who is a lovely guy and a very good teacher as well as a fine bass player. In fact I'm off tomorrow for another one 🙂 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, josie said:

Nice! I'm an Aynsley fan. I've been to a few of his guitar weekends and worked with his usual bass player,  @Steve Amadeo, who is a lovely guy and a very good teacher as well as a fine bass player. In fact I'm off tomorrow for another one 🙂 

Cool. Yeah Aynsley and Steve are both good lads, who (mostly) also share my enjoyment of daft jokes (or are too polite to tell me they don't) ! Hope the weekend goes well.

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Raymondo said:

Hi Jack ….that joke will never wear thin for me.... I have tickets to the Stroud gig and the York gig ...looking at getting to the Newark gig too...hope you are well and happy ...I'll buy you a beer when we next meet up!

Won't make it to Skeggy as they don't sell tickets for just the night time ...day tickets require you to be out by 6.00 pm ish…  have a blast though!

Hi Raymondo,

That's great news, looking forward to catching up at Stroud and York! We're well excited about Stroud (mostly as it's a hometown show and we can have a good drink afterwards!). And of course York is a beautiful country.

No worries about Skeggy- understand it's quite a comittment just to see one band!

Catch you soon!

Jack

3 minutes ago, Jack_Stroud_Bass said:

Hi Raymondo,

That's great news, looking forward to catching up at Stroud and York! We're well excited about Stroud (mostly as it's a hometown show and we can have a good drink afterwards!). And of course York is a beautiful county!

No worries about Skeggy- understand it's quite a comittment just to see one band!

Catch you soon!

Jack

On 15/01/2019 at 15:31, Mykesbass said:

Chris, you probably had the pleasure of playing some decent gigs earlier in your career - I'm a late developer

Develop away. It's good that you are working up the band food chain and starting to see some recognition for your efforts. Excellent stuff, let us know how you got on.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bluewine said:

To be honest ,my thing is cool small bars and clubs 

I've never felt comfortable on large stages.

Blue

True - it looks and feels cool but it's all a bit anonymous as you can't see anyone properly beyond the first few rows. 

Still, big gigs usually mean big PA and proper soundmen and lights etc, which is always a treat! 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, bassbiscuits said:

True - it looks and feels cool but it's all a bit anonymous as you can't see anyone properly beyond the first few rows. 

Still, big gigs usually mean big PA and proper soundmen and lights etc, which is always a treat! 

I have always questioned the sound support acts get compared to  the sound the actual star/headliner gets.

Blue

On 16/01/2019 at 21:40, Painy said:

did also play an outdoor gig once that technically had about 6000 people in attendance although to be fair they weren't really paying much attention to us as they were more interested in the livestock and tractors on display. 🙄😄 😄😄

Got to love the Norfolk Show (making an assumption there)

Well that was fun. Great sound on and off stage, band played brilliantly, big audience who loved it. Some really great feedback afterwards. Didn't win the vote to go on the mainstage next year, looks like the rock bands one that every night, but I've never been one for music as a competitive sport! Made some useful allies, and feel like the band have made another step up.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Mykesbass said:

Well that was fun. Great sound on and off stage, band played brilliantly, big audience who loved it. Some really great feedback afterwards. Didn't win the vote to go on the mainstage next year, looks like the rock bands one that every night, but I've never been one for music as a competitive sport! Made some useful allies, and feel like the band have made another step up.

+1 on that. Great weekend had by us all too! Managed to catch a few acts on the introducing stage and at Jaks- some real corkers. Hopefully return next year!

Jack