Why become a member? ×

Conway Instruments Taranis Fretless

Merton

6 minutes ago, Huge Hands said:

I feel a mini bass bash coming on....😉

Give it a few months and then this, the Zoot and both mine and @eude‘s ACGs will be finished. We may have to have an interim one before the ACGs are done though 😎

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Merton said:

The back is stunning too isn’t it. It’s all just a bit delicious. I doubt it’ll get used at the Dog and Duck 🤣

Sorry I hope that my comment didn't come across as me being rude because I would give my right nut scratch that both nuts to own a bass like that but I just love Black limba.......... 😀 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Merton said:

(Play the video to see the whole top for the first time!)

Is there any chance of you posting a couple of frame grabs please?  It's lovely.

PS:  Just saw the image of the top after I posted.  As you were.  It's fanflippingtastic!

Edited by SpondonBassed
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Jimothey said:

Sorry I hope that my comment didn't come across as me being rude because I would give my right nut scratch that both nuts to own a bass like that but I just love Black limba.......... 😀 

Haha not at all dude :) Black limba is v sexy in its own right 😎

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

It’s almost finished! We’ve been having fun with the switching of the pickup, the original 5-way rotary switch turned out to be a bad idea so we’ve gone to two toggle switches. I can’t remember what they actually do so will let you know once I have the bass... Today Phil has basically finished her in terms of doing an initial stringing to let everything settle and acclimatise. In about a week he’ll give it the final intonation, truss rod and action tweaks. So we’re nearly there. And to celebrate...:

0CC59E38-00F1-4911-9099-F2E089D4D419.jpeg

1312159B-160E-4355-8139-4FED2907D38A.jpeg

• Like 6

20 minutes ago, AndyTravis said:

I’ve just bashed one out...nowt mini...

As long as you promise to clean up before I get there, next time I venture up to our Manchester office I’ll make a detour and bring this with me :)

Edited by Merton
  • Haha 1