Why become a member? ×

Apparently Markbass are to make bass guitars

Cuzzie

On 14/01/2019 at 09:24, wateroftyne said:

Not being a fan of their design choices, I clicked the link expecting to see something hideous.

I wasn’t disappointed.

lol, same :D

On 14/01/2019 at 12:25, kyuuga said:

No offense to them but they always seemed like such a generic company.

yeah. File under: "versatile", "transparent", "neutral" characterless  boring stuff

32 minutes ago, cetera said:

Yuck....
I wonder if they will sound sterile/just be the 'flavour of the month' and then turn up in their droves on the used market within a year.... like their amps....

Not sure many of the new MB basses will be sold in the first place. 

As for their amps, I'd happily get one of their solidly built, reliable heads ahead of plenty of others! And there is a thriving resale market as an added bonus 😎 

One person's "sterile" is another person's "clean with plenty of headroom". Which is fortunate, it would be a dull world otherwise. 

Edited by Al Krow
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, Al Krow said:

Not sure many of the new MB basses will be sold in the first place. 

I dunno, when amp manufacturers have a go at building basses....

Yeah, those T-Basses stood the stand of time didn't they...

Oh, and those Ashdown Lodestone things...

8 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

And not forgetting ...

Image result for orange o bass

On 16/01/2019 at 14:44, EBS_freak said:

Wasn’t Leo Fender an amp man at heart? 

I think this thread just proves that Markbass have lost the plot. The endless products rolled out and then discontinued shortly thereafter. The even more bonkers colour schemes.

In my opinion they've "done an Ashdown." Just went mental. A decade to fifteen years ago they were somewhat cutting edge in the lightweight speaker design. They've stagnated and have got themselves tied up in their own indecision and colour schemes. They've been usurped by Barefaced, Vanderkley and Bergantino to name a few.

In truth, I'm glad I sold my Markbass cabs. They're on the downward trajectory and these somewhat hideous basses just illustrate it. Bereft of ideas? Another p bass!! I despair.

• Like 1

I'm not sure what the point of the second one is. Does the world really need another Fender/Squier clone?

The first one seems an attempt to make a double-cut as ugly as a single-cut. Richard Bona had a huge mudslinging fest at Tecamp when he parted company with them, it may be worth getting the popcorn in now for the same thing happening with him and Fodera.

7 hours ago, tauzero said:

I'm not sure what the point of the second one is. Does the world really need another Fender/Squier clone?

You're right, let's just all stick to what we have, because it's broadly fine, and not bother with competition and choice. After all "if it ain't broke..."

Oh and, while we're at it, can someone please call Apple and Samsung and suggest they cancel their next line of smartphones as they really are a bit pointless?