Why become a member? ×

What's under my Squier VM Jazz scratchplate ?

Les

1 hour ago, Les said:

Was nice ta and I ran off without doing the washing up as per usual.

Surely I'm not going to have to get my screw driver out ? I have 2 VM's, that must be like 20 screws in all. There must be 5 thousand VM Jazz owners on here. 

You lazy gimp. That poor woman cooked your tea and you left her to wash it up as well ? Tell her from me that has my sympathy and undoubtedly deserves better.

Does she have any sharp scissors ? I wouldn’t sleep for too long in your position ....I’d be nervous 

Edited by Geek99
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, The59Sound said:

Hey, MIA Fenders are still being made this way and your Squier was a hell of a lot cheaper. 

True

Wonder why it's done like that ? Would imagine  a machine's done the work on both mine and the fretless version but the fretless is much more  thing of beauty. Both around the same price point.

Squier VM's are great quality instruments, given the asking price
They definitely did a version which isn't routed out though - at least they did a fretless version that wasn't routed
Flog your bass and get one of the other versions... or buy a fretless, and swap the necks over? Or perhaps ask in the wanted section for a body?

At one time, I was sorely tempted to get a fretless VM without guard - they look great

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jazzmanb said:

Big trench on mine,great bass for money though

No doubt, I'm astonished how good these basses are.  May pick a VM fretless up just to swap necks

3 hours ago, AndyTravis said:

The USA standard stuff is the same, my Custom shop has a big fat ‘RELIC’ stamp under the pickguard 🙄

That;s grim innit ?