Why become a member? ×

Interface Reccomdations

Mark_Bass

Apologies if this is in the wrong category; I’m after some recommendations for a bass interface to use when practicing.

it doesn’t need to be massively expensive as it’s not for recording just so I can play along to tracks on either my phone ( iPhone X) or laptop ( MacBook Pro).

im in a Covers Band so want soemthing portable I could quickly setup at work or at home.

thanks!

Zoom B1on. Can be mains or battery operated. Aside from it's multitude of on board rhythms and effects, it also takes a 3.5mm aux in (I use a male to male from my phone if I am learning something from YouTube). Brilliant bit of kit and I use mine all the time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Phil Jones Bighead for me. Portable, internal rechargeable battery, built in USB audio interface, and much more clear loud volume on tap than the Zoom multis or Focusrite audio interfaces.

I have a Zoom B3n and Focusrite 2i2, but if using either of those with bass I still go via the Bighead, because I struggled to get enough volume otherwise. The Zoom in particular introduced some unwanted distortion when maxing the master volume. I note most others don't have these issues, I put it down to my chosen headphones being a bit harder to drive than most so I need a bit more juice!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...