Why become a member? Ɨ

Shuker (sold)
Ā£775

patch006

Shuker Jazz 5Ā 

I can't remember the spec on this other than it plays/ looks and sounds great. Has blue LED fret markersĀ šŸ˜

Email from the manĀ man himself! Ā --- Iā€™ve found the original spec from early 2010, I think the bass (and spec may have had a few changes) such as the rotary dimmer control and the zero fret change.
Ā 
The top is Mexican Para Kingwood burr and very rare. I think the pickups were change to some Aaron Armstrong pickups and the circuit may have been changed to a glockenklang (may have changed again canā€™t remember)
Ā 
cheers
Jon
Ā 
5 string left handed J bass
34" scale
22 frets
45mm nut width
20.5mm depth at 1st fret, 22 at 12th (shallow C shape)
maple neck
shuker headstock shape, 3+2, which is slightly smaller
madagascan rosewood f/board
black 4mm face dots unless leds are installed then none
2mm black side dots unless......
two way truss rod
carbon fibre reinforcement
medium frets
brass nut
zero fret
gotoh gb707 tuners

J custom shape (the smaller body)
swamp ash body
Mexican Para kingwood burr drop top
polyester basecoat
wet look gloss topcoat

Bartolini J bass set
3Ā  band eq, passive option, layout as red J5, we'll sort switch placement when its ready to go together

black hardware
Schaller 2000 bridge (17.5 - 18mm spacing)

Blue side Leds +Ā£150 (push pull vol or mini toggle to operate)
Ā 

shuker 00.jpg

shuker 02.jpg

IMG_1962.JPG

Edited by patch006

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, just seen this. Yes was my bass and built as discussed with Jon S. Really can't think why I sold it on as a lovely sound and a pleasure to play. Probably too many basses at the time.

The rotary dimmer and zero fret was original if I remember correctly.

• 1 month later...

I am proper gutted. I wondered into this forum without realising it and thought "Shuker J5 and the price is right! I am going in!" Then I saw the pictures and realised I was in the wrong place.Ā 

On 29/03/2019 at 16:33, owen said:

I am proper gutted. I wondered into this forum without realising it and thought "Shuker J5 and the price is right! I am going in!" Then I saw the pictures and realised I was in the wrong place.Ā 

if it was rh would have been 3 times the price for some reasons .... i think it cost the same to make a lh or rh bass but i do wish i was a leftyĀ