Why become a member? ×

NBD: Fender PBAC-100

Beedster

Yep, PBAC-100, and very nice it is too. First intact bass I've bought for a while and am going to have to sell a few bits to pay for it, but I first saw one of these about 20 years back and have missed so many of them down the years that I thought I'd better make more of an effort this time :)

Electrics are odd, but hey, it's an early 90's Fender. There's a few mods I can probably do that will make this bass a real contender

Super looking bass, I am very envious. Let me know when you want to move it on :) The HMT has the 'pointy headstock'.... why? who in their right mind would make a pointy/ hockey stickheadstock guitar (apologies to any pointy headstock lovers, just not my cup of tea).

2 minutes ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

I'm pretty sure the HMT had a pointy/hockey stick headstock with shark fin inlays on the neck and the AE headstock was more, umm, Fendery

Yes as far as I know this was the only difference between the A/E and the HMT - the neck and tuners

• 1 month later...

This had to go back unfortunately, there was an issue with the circuit that I couldn't fix myself, and at the price I paid I didn't want to have to get that fixed professionally. However, as a bass it was absolutely lovely to play, and perhaps importantly for many, weighed nothing. It's also got the micro-tilt neck which means that despite the bridge looking pretty crude, you can get very very low action. I really did go around in circles as to whether i should keep it or not, and I'm kinda regretting sending it back, but c'est la vie. 

If light Precisions are your thing, keep an eye out for when this comes back on the market with the circuit fixed, it's well worth the money 

Lovely basses. I have the fretless version of it. Quite a few have a buffer fitted to the piezo circuit (I did mine myself) to bring the pickup outputs into line.

You can get a wonderfully wide range of tomes and the fretless can do a very passable upright bass impersonation. I may well be looking out for this when it resurfaces.

Looks a great bass - shame you had to send it back! :(
Lightweight basses are becoming increasingly important to me... and this one looked like it might be right up my street
I've not seen one, let alone played one. I must admit, if it was mine, I would have wanted to get it fixed and not part with it...

2 hours ago, Marc S said:

Looks a great bass - shame you had to send it back! :(
Lightweight basses are becoming increasingly important to me... and this one looked like it might be right up my street
I've not seen one, let alone played one. I must admit, if it was mine, I would have wanted to get it fixed and not part with it...

I must admit I was hoping the seller was going to say "get it fixed and we'll cover the costs", but he started a return process so i went with it. I paid top end of the reasonable value range, hence my decision. 

But no joke, it's so light you can easily forget it's round your neck, being used to a 12lb monster Precision, I almost walked through the studio door with it on a couple of times!