Why become a member? ×

Peavey International 5 string. What's the scale length ?

kodiakblair

Mate of mine bought a 5 string Cirrus but the neck was goosed 😥 Now it was the bolt on neck version so bridge position is still for 35" scale length.

Replacement necks that do fit are the GV carbon wrap and the Grind 5 bolt-on. Neither of these turn up too often and the GV is getting expensive.

The Peavey International series can in 2 versions, 1 with a squared pocket and the other angled. I'm only interested in the angled version. If they were 35" scale length it'd be a cheap and easy source for a replacement neck. 

So does anybody owned a 5 string Peavey International with the angled neck pocket and if they do could they measure from nut to 12th. 

Cheers kb

2 minutes ago, Vinny said:

I had 2 of these - one 5, one 4 - and though it was a while ago I'm 90% sure they were 34s. Could be wrong, mind.

Many thanks Vinny. I've posted this question in various places and your reply is helps to make the picture clear.

Looks like my pal is out of luck.

2 minutes ago, Vinny said:

Were the black Chinese-built Grinds 35"? They don't bring in a lot of coin if they are.

I thought about that. The USA bolt on 5 string Grinds were 35" but don't come up often,folks are asking daft prices too. I've yet to see a BXP Grind 5'er but the 4 string is 34".

The neck thru Grinds were 35" so it's still an option,though it'll be expensive removing the neck then reshaping it for the Cirrus pocket.

Thanks again for your input.