Why become a member? ×

Pau Ferro & Lemon Oil

EssentialTension

Anybody else used Power Force Orange Oil floor cleaner? Available from Aldi, I used them to clean and oil my Nanyo project after removing the paint. Doesn't seem to have had any adverse effects and the neck feels lovely.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cleaning-wipe-Power-Force-orange-80-Wipes-anti-bacterial-alcohol-bleach-free-/222629020134

For anyone interested, I gave up on lemon oil about 2 years ago as I found it wasn’t really nourishing the rosewood boards on my guitars. I have used it for years and it never seemed to properly condition the wood, it just soaked in and the board looked fine for a week and then dried out.

I did some google research and found a lot of luthiers and guitar companies in general moving away from it and using Music Nomad F-One oil.

I bought a bottle and tried it and for me and my guitars it works so much better than lemon oil and has lasted and really seems to ‘feed’ the wood and make it look and feel superb. I’m converted and think it is well worth it (a bottle will last a few guitars for years).

Edited by NJE
  • Like 2