Why become a member? ×

Daft as it may seem

thebigyin

On 11/01/2019 at 11:02, ianrendall said:

I’ve learnt a lot recently about EQ.

You do not need to dime the bass control just because it’s a bass guitar.

What does that mean in English? A dime is 1/10 of a dollar, so does that mean turn the bass control to 1/10?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎12‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 21:34, darkandrew said:

And if you do find yourself on that wrong note then just slide into the right note whilst pulling your best "bass-face" and everyone will think you are the best bass player ever!

PRO TIP: repeat the "mistake" next time around so it seems you did it on purpose, that's JAZZ :)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/01/2019 at 11:04, darkandrew said:

And if you do find yourself on that wrong note then just slide into the right note whilst pulling your best "bass-face" and everyone will think you are the best bass player ever!

You will have to forgive me here as I have played guitars for forty (now that is depressing!) years and bass since Christmas Day, but as I understand it, you lot call those wrong notes "chromatic passing notes". Hmmm... a feature then, not a bug!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Deanol said:

You will have to forgive me here as I have played guitars for forty (now that is depressing!) years and bass since Christmas Day, but as I understand it, you lot call those wrong notes "chromatic passing notes". Hmmm... a feature then, not a bug!

Exactly! :D

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Deanol said:

Double glazing, used cars, timeshares... ever thought about selling any of those?

Certainly not!

However, I do have this amazing, unique product that is guaranteed to improve your bass playing, your attractiveness to the object of your desires and your bank balance!

Don't tell the others, but I can let you have some of this - I can only spare a small amount due to its sheer amazingness - for the nominal sum of only £24.99!!! ( plus postage + packaging + VAT) 😮

I know! Unbelievable isn't it!

What is this miracle I hear you ask?

Teebs' Patent Serpent Wax :D

(*practise, dedication & serendipity may also be required)  

{**your sanity is at risk if you believe this humbug}

Edited by Teebs
Grammerticurl things

9 hours ago, Bleat said:

Learn that an active bass means it needs a good 9v battery..... before you go on stage.😒 

And that brings me onto something I have learnt that many eBay sellers and music shops seem to have never learnt - just because a bass has a battery in it doesn't necessarily mean it has active pickups. It's just as common to have a bass with an active preamp and passive pickups as it is to have one with active pickups - both of these would have a battery and the presence of the battery does not mean the pickups are active.