Why become a member? ×

SOLD ELSEWHERE 1988 Warwick Thumb bass 4 NT
£1499

Matte_black

Hello! Just a feeler for now... I'm going to upload pictures in a few hours, the weather is quite miserable and I definitely prefer natural light to take pics...

1988 Thumb bass, transition era (already has the 2 pieces bridge but still has the tilted tuners of the early ones).

Thin neck, good action, good frets, stock pickups (EMG) and preamp (MEC 2 bands). No cracks, no repairs, no failing glue joints. Medium weight, I think it's around 4.3 but my balance's battery's gone.

It's got some wear and in some spots you can see and/or feel the wood moved a bit, creating the usual "gap" between different pieces.

They might be easily removed but this would imply a refinish, that would take away the patina. Easy to do, though, if you want it in mint conditions.

Comes with non-original teardrop case, fresh strings and good setup. The battery cover is missing the tooth (as always happens) but it's pretty cheap to replace.

I can personally guarantee about the conditions. You're not going to receive an unplayable, dirty or poorly set-up instrument. It will arrive ready to play. I'll do my best to replace the battery cover before shipping, needs nothing else.

The bass has a big sound, the first time I played it thru my 18" I thought the lows were boosted... but they weren't. Also very bright. It's one of the "good ones", if you know what I mean.

I ship by UPS, £50 within Europe, takes 3 working days. I have feedbacks here and on other platforms (eBay, Talkbass, even the Warwick Bass forum Bass Arena). Payment by bank wire transfer or paypal (normal, not friends/family payment).

Not interested in trades, I'm heavily downsizing as I basically only play 15 minutes a week, just for my own pleasure. No band, no gigs. 

Edited by Matte_black

• 2 weeks later...
On 14/01/2019 at 13:26, Matte_black said:

Going on ebay if it doesn't sell here. Not a fan of their fees, though... 10% of the sale price plus 4% to paypal and their own exchange rate... greedy animals! 🤣

I was under the impression paypal was even higher than 4%?  I'm assuming you'd need to take your BC price and add 14%?  

I've had my eye on a BC bass which is now on ebay and I'm very tempted to message him and point out that I'd do a private sale give him his ebay price minus fees but I know some people don't see the final 'net' sale price.  :/  

2 hours ago, warwickhunt said:

I was under the impression paypal was even higher than 4%?  I'm assuming you'd need to take your BC price and add 14%?  

I've had my eye on a BC bass which is now on ebay and I'm very tempted to message him and point out that I'd do a private sale give him his ebay price minus fees but I know some people don't see the final 'net' sale price.  :/  

If you went that route, message in code.  Ebay read the message and ban your account if you try and do deal that means they lose fees.  They have bots reading your messages, far beyond the old detecting an email address trick they used to do.  I'm on a final warning...

2 hours ago, Kev said:

If you went that route, message in code.  Ebay read the message and ban your account if you try and do deal that means they lose fees.  They have bots reading your messages, far beyond the old detecting an email address trick they used to do.  I'm on a final warning...

Ahhhh ok.  As it happens I could message them on here but not everyone is 100% receptive to truths and even though the bass I'm alluding to has gone though ebay once already at £300 less than their BC price (and didn't sell), it'd still take a 15% hit on ebay when it is relisted!  :(  

• 2 months later...
  • MB1 locked this topic