Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Squier Vintage Modified Mustang - SOLD
£350

Volume

Alas - I've succumbed to a case of New Year's GAS and need to clear a space on the rack.

So - I'm reluctantly offering for sale my Squier Vintage Modified Mustang.

Indonesian-built in 2011, it's equipped with Duncan Designed Pickups - and through bridge stringing. It's finished in Black, with a maple neck and board. Being a short-scale instrument, it has 19 medium Jumbo frets - it's strung with Fender 5250XL strings (with plenty of life left in them), and is currently set-up with a nice mid-to-low action. The short scale, and butter-smooth action really easy and comfortable to play, and the Duncan pups (and minimalist Master Volume and Tone nob setup) provide a surprising spectrum of tones - it sounds great with fingers or a pick, slapped or tapped...

I replaced the original headstock logo, and swapped the stock 3 ply scratch plate with a mirrored one - if I can find the original in the coming few days, I'll happily include it with the bass.

Condition-wise, the bass is at least a 9/10... I can't find a mark on it aside from a fingerprint or two. 

Here's some specs and a little blurb from the Fender site;

"A truly classic Fender® bass guitar model from the mid-1960s returns in the sleek, short-scale form of the Squier Vintage Modified Mustang Bass. The instrument honors its 1966 ancestor with a basswood body finished in Black or Three-color Sunburst, 19-fret maple neck and 30 scale perfect for players of all kinds who appreciate the comfort of a short-scale instrument. Other features include a Duncan DesignedTM split single-coil pickup, three-ply pickguard, chrome tuners and distinctive Mustang Bass four-saddle bridge. Superior tone, smooth playability, great comfort and fantastic value.

- Body: Basswood
- Body Shape: Mustang®
- Series: Vintage Modified Series
- Neck: Maple
- Fingerboard: Maple
- Fingerboard Radius: 9.5 inch
- Frets: 19, Medium Jumbo
- Scale Length:30 Inches
- Nut Width: 1.5 Inches
- Hardware: Chrome
- Tuning Keys: Standard Open-Gear Tuners
- Bridge: Strings-Thru-Body with 4 individually Adjustable Saddles
- Pickups: Special Duncan Design Split Single-Coil Mustang Bass Pickup
- Controls: Volume, Tone
- Unique Features: 30 inches Scale Length, Black Dot Position Inlays, Black Numbered Volume and Tone Control Knobs, Synthetic Bone Nut

I can have the bass shipped out Worldwide via UPS, securely packaged within a hardshell Gator case - all included in the asking price

If you have any questions, by all means let me know via PM and I'll get back to you ASAP 

Mustang.png

Image.png

Image-1.png

Edited by Volume
Item has now sold - added the word 'SOLD' to the product title, as per Basschat regulations
  • Like 1

@Osiris - reply incoming

@Skezza - The bass comes with a Gator Hardcase, in near-perfect condition, with lockable clasps. 

I haven't found the black scratchplate yet - but would be happy to ship it on to the perspective buyer once found. 

Trades-wise - I'm all set at the moment, so am looking for a straight sale at the moment. 

Thanks!

Rich

On 08/01/2019 at 12:30, Volume said:

...... securely packaged within a hardshell Fender case .....

16 hours ago, Volume said:

The bass comes with a Gator Hardcase .......

Not nitpicking...... Just pointing out the discrepancy. :)